S.F Pro 5 or Cans?
Dec 11, 2007 at 1:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

SBD

500+ Head-Fier
After a frightening length of research, I finally decided on the super.fi 5 pro's.

I don't need portability and avoided big cans because it's confusing searching for ones and they look like they need an amp or something.

I'm looking at the AKG K271 now but should I try grado sr or senn hd?
(not interested in Koss KSC75)

It's really hard when I want IEMs but all these "sophisticated, fancy name" cans are staring at me.
eek.gif

Dec 11, 2007 at 2:42 AM Post #6 of 12
I would say if you're not interested in getting an amp, stick with the sf5.
If you're willing to try an amp, that's a different story...

Dec 11, 2007 at 3:27 AM Post #7 of 12
So is the general idea of needing an amp for full cans kind of true?

I can imagine the "airy" sound with an amp will be very good but I'd never buy some.

FeedMeTrance, I see you're spreading the word!
wink.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 11, 2007 at 3:29 AM Post #8 of 12
i have the sf5 eb's and the dt990s as well as some other dj fullsize cans. clearly, there's no competition, the fullsize cans are much better.

i only use IEMs and buds when i'm on the go, otherwise i'm always using fullsize headphones whenever i can.

Dec 11, 2007 at 3:37 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by SBD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So is the general idea of needing an amp for full cans kind of true?

I can imagine the "airy" sound with an amp will be very good but I'd never buy some.

FeedMeTrance, I see you're spreading the word!
wink.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

most grados don't need amps, as well as audio-technica's, and goldring dr150s. It all depends how much you are willing to spend, the higher end ones +250+ will need an amp.

Dec 11, 2007 at 3:42 AM Post #10 of 12
I like full cans but they keep making me think of DJ's and recording studios. I really like the AKG K271 but I don't hear of these specific models as much as 60/80, 555, etc.

It took me forever just to get a general idea of what each IEM was for but full size cans just give me a headache to search.

Dec 11, 2007 at 4:02 AM Post #12 of 12
I like hip-hop and all kinds of music except heavy metal (my look into full cans starts with the idea that I'll get good bass but really doesn't muddy the overall sound).

I don't know how much help when everyone hates it and loves it can be but it would be a great starter for me. thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back