Rza chambers vs. v-moda m-80/m-100 vs. v-moda lp2
Dec 9, 2012 at 3:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

haggis219

New Head-Fier
I listen to a lot of rock and indie, some rap, and some metal. I'm looking for headphones with great sound quality and durability, since i listen to a lot of music and most headphones i have blow out in about a year. The rza chambers look good and from what i've heard are some of the best out of the celebrity endorsed headphones. I've also heard that v-moda's headphones have amazing sound quality sp i might want to try those although im not sure which ones to get. Any suggestions?

Dec 9, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #4 of 13
Quote:
most headphones i have blow out in about a year.

How loud are you rocking your cans?
Quote:
rza chambers look good and from what i've heard are some of the best out of the celebrity endorsed headphones.

The chambers haven't really received that much attention here simply because WesC is not known to produce good headphones. Besides, in general celebrity-endorsed headphones are pretty horrid, so it might be best to stay away.

If you can afford the M100 then you have a lot of options. Out of the three you listed the M80/M100 is a no brainer.

P.S. I don't think there's a need to bump every 6 minutes.

Dec 9, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #5 of 13
Not that loud actually, i just listen a lot and I usually use buds but idk what that has to do with it
I have bad experiences with skullcandys blowing out and the one time i got v-modas they blew out in less than a year

Thanks for the feedback, i wasnt sure because from what i read, chambers got good reviews

Regarding the bumps, i know there was no need to bump so often but i'm a bit pressed for time is all

Do you think I'd be better off with m-80s or m-100s then?

Dec 9, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:
Not that loud actually, i just listen a lot and I usually use buds but idk what that has to do with it
I have bad experiences with skullcandys blowing out and the one time i got v-modas they blew out in less than a year
Thanks for the feedback, i wasnt sure because from what i read, chambers got good reviews
Regarding the bumps, i know there was no need to bump so often but i'm a bit pressed for time is all
Do you think I'd be better off with m-80s or m-100s then?

Yeah I've used a few skullcandy buds and almost 100% of the time they quit working in 3 months.

As for all I know chambers might be great headphones. I've never heard them. And I haven't seen anyone discuss/review them on this forum so this is probably not the best place to get impressions on them. You might have to trust the reviews elsewhere or listen to them yourself and decide.

I can't comment on which V-Moda is better, since I haven't heard the M100s. You might want to check out some of the reviews here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/623154/v-moda-m-100-vtf-100-appreciation-thread-images-impressions-reviews

Dec 9, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #8 of 13
Iv got the m80s and I think there great. They have this sort of lively and fun sound to them that sounds great for rap but also sound good alot of other genres to.

I'm a big fan of rza but I don't think his headphones sound promising for what your paying for. As for the m100 from what I've read there an upgrade from the m80 with an over ear design and have iv read absolutly no negative reviews on them my bets on m100's.

Dec 9, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #9 of 13
Yeah I currently have powerbeats, which are crap, so I really needed a step up from that, and I've seen a lot about the m80s/100s so I'm definitely going for the 100s
Thanks for the input, im pretty new to getting actual quality headphones so any help is appreciated

Dec 13, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #10 of 13
With your kind of budget, I think you can get better headphones than the m100 like the Sennheiser Amperior, Sennheiser Momentum, or the Beyerdynamic DT1350. Though those two are probably not as stylish, they sounds better as portable headphones. 

Jan 18, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #12 of 13
The sennheiser amperior isn't as good as the vmoda m100. I own the m100 and its works good for rock and metal. I'm an avid rock and metal listener. I haven't tried the momentum but based on forums they are a little dull. So If you like drum bass to be present then you won't get much of it. I would say the beyerdynamic may be better based on reviews, but it is clearly not as sleek and stylish as the m100. Also if you are worried the m100 is too bassy then it's alright because it has the perfect impact. And for songs with a lot of bass it is very punchy and not boomy or splaty. Also it's nice that the vmoda do miracles in the really low sub- bass. Overall I think you will be satisfied with your purchase. I hope you enjoy the m100's as much as I do

Jan 21, 2013 at 8:06 AM Post #13 of 13
I've currently got some M100's on order but I did own the WeSC Chambers Premium Headphones and though they had decent sound quality with a nice punchy bass line they were the most uncomfortable headphones i've ever had, it would feel like your ears were in a microwave after about 20 minutes of usage so i'd avoid them. Also you need two AAA batteries to run the noise cancellation and though they work without the noise cancellation on the sound is almost mono like in it's quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back