Rx Mk2 amp or XM6 amp?
Jul 17, 2011 at 8:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

JBThazard

Head-Fier
So I've recently finished all of the Head fi TV episodes and I am planning on getting a portable DAC (most likely Algorhythm) and upgrading my portable amp. I currently use a PA2V2 along with Sennheiser HD 598s, my source is a 160gb classic Ipod.

Judging from Jude's reviews, I think the XM6 is the better choice based on its features, and it is slightly cheaper. But does anyone have any experience with either or both of them? Do they go well with audiophile Sennheisers? Is one and the other better with closed or open cans? Details like that. 

As for potential comments saying that carrying around a DAP, DAC and an amp is technically "not portable", don't worry about it, I'm more than willing to lug them around since I commute to work/campus very often and have a thirst for studio quality sound outside (price is also not a concern).

*Also a last quick question: I've never used a DAC before. Perhaps this is the wrong forum but I'd rather someone answer me simply here instead of starting a second thread: I mostly use lossless files now but will mp3s benefit enough from a DAC? Or is using only high bit rate/lossless tracks recommended?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back