RWC 2007: Double Upsets in Quarter Finals
Oct 6, 2007 at 8:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

cyanbomb

100+ Head-Fier
Congratulations France and England.
Both upset their rival teams New Zealand and Australia respectively, who were favoured to win.

It's been bizarre!

Oct 6, 2007 at 9:52 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by gaijin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bizarre ? France played well, and has beaten New Zealand before.

Now we are going to kick some English ass !!!!

Bizarre?,YES, two upsets in one day.It does not matter if the French have beaten New Zealand before.Going on their OK performance before todays game in the tournament,to have come out and beaten the favorites is a huge achievement,just look at the reaction of the players and commentators.
Well done to England too,they showed great hunger and determination, just goes to show how much belief in your team mates matters.

Oct 6, 2007 at 10:05 PM Post #5 of 10
Its an upset - but it is not "bizarre" ! Bizarre would be the US team beating the All Blacks (or the French)
very_evil_smiley.gif

The South Africans look like the strongest team now. I hope there will be no upset tomorrow - I really want to see France against South Africa in the finals..

Oct 6, 2007 at 10:37 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marados /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you actually see the try that won the game for France?

Blatant forward pass.

Not so blatant, the camera angle can play you some tricks. And who cares anyway - did you see the All Blacks complain ? It was a nice play.

Oct 6, 2007 at 10:49 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by gaijin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not so blatant, the camera angle can play you some tricks. And who cares anyway - did you see the All Blacks complain ? It was a nice play.

That game was most definitely the All Blacks'. We'll be able to debate the forwardness of the pass when the clips are uploaded to Youtube or some other video host, if you'd like.

Oct 6, 2007 at 11:01 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

That game was most definitely the All Blacks'. We'll be able to debate the forwardness of the pass when the clips are uploaded to Youtube or some other video host, if you'd like.

No, it was a close game. Don't be a sore loser !

Oct 6, 2007 at 11:51 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Did you actually see the try that won the game for France?

Blatant forward pass.

Yes it was, I agree. But the ABs should never have been in that position for a try to make that much of a difference.

I'd be curious to see the tiem of possession for that game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back