RWAK 100-S as stand-alone DAC
Feb 23, 2015 at 9:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

DICOM

New Head-Fier
Good morning,

I am hoping someone can help me resolve my inability to use my RWAK 100-S as a stand-alone DAC. I've reached out to Vinnie, who is out of ideas and suggested I reach out to the Head-Fi community.

The signal path I am trying to use is:

Latest generation 13" MBP Retina (Yosemite) running J River Media Center 20 -> RWAK 100-S via iRiver-supplied USB cable -> ALO Audio International amplifier -> FitEar ToGo! 334.

The Mac and JRMC both "see" the RWAK 100-S (labeled iRiver DAC) and JRMC and iTunes both play tracks without error. However, no sound makes it to the earphones. I have gone into System Preferences and selected the RWAK 100-S as the output. I have also changed the volume settings multiple times at the system and program levels, without any luck. When I use the International as a DAC/amplifier, there is no problem with playback. 

I would love to use the Wolfson chip in the RWAK 100-S as my primary DAC, rather than the Cirrus chip in the International. As such, any thoughts on how to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back