Russian Pop Recommendations
Jan 26, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #32 of 83
Yuliya Savicheva is pretty popular in Russia. Tonality of her songs is very much the same ( despair, sadness, feel of loss etc.). 

Jan 27, 2012 at 8:07 AM Post #35 of 83
[size=10pt][size=10pt]I am at work and it's kind of blocked, so, can't see it now. Not sure if I am really an alternative music person, maybe a little, as we all are, but there is also a band I would like to mention, called T.O.T.A.L., they are from same producer who runs SEREBRO, Max Fadeev and I liked their style, but I don't know where they are and what they do, cos, as I mentioned before, if you are out of "standard", chances are very small that you become huge and popular. I have to say, I kind of "hate" general streaming, to much of the same with nothing interesting inside, however on the other hand, and that's something more than just music, I am not against SEREBRO kind of bands, nice to watch and to hear, as long as it takes, cos you can't be always to serious and need to relax ones in a while without to much thinking, mean PARTY! I wouldn't mind if they came to my birthday party to sing a little[/size][/size]

[size=10pt][size=10pt]As for the Mihey, he was and still is one of the pioneers who tried to make a good quality music without to be a KING OF POP or something like that. This was new, but what most important, very good to. SunSay, for example, reminds me Mihey, not the same, but still, so, it's good that this gets more attention by TV and Radio stations, cos these are the biggest bosses who decided "who lives and who not", so, the only strongest survives.[/size][/size]

Jan 28, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #36 of 83
5'nizza ("Friday" in English) - brilliant underground project of the middle of 2000s. Duet consisted of two people: Andrey Zaporozhets and Sergey Babkin. Clips below gained millions of views on youtube:

Soldat ("Soldier") - megahit, every teenager in Russia and Ukraine knows this song, its a russian youth hymn of 2000s:

In 2009 musicians separated (separation was a looong story and sadness for thousands of fans. Now both musicians have their own projects - Sergey Babkin sings in solo group, Andrew Zaporozhets created Sunsay.

Jan 28, 2012 at 3:10 AM Post #37 of 83
There is another band I would like to mention, not Russian, they are from Ukraine, pure acoustic ethnic folk jazz fusion kind of music, certainly not for every one taste and nothing to do with POP at all, so, sorry about that one, but their songs will get you in trance for sure, especially through a good system, band name is Даха Браха and here are couple of links, but the quality of youtube is terrible to get the real idea, imo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt6E5yxy-uc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_okMGzFm4c&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=72gB4Ch_auk&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3OJVMuHwcU&feature=related

Feb 4, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #38 of 83
MC Fame - beatbox, rap musician. One of "quickest" rappers on the russian stage. Prolific composer, maybe half of russian rappers sing his songs. Has beatbox masterclasses in Kiev, Ukraine.
Mc Fame singing on the street, song "Dal Pape Sdache"

Feb 4, 2012 at 12:38 AM Post #39 of 83
Since this thread didn't specify a time period, let's go back a bit:

Mar 2, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #44 of 83

Quote:
To be honest, I choose SEREBRO above Tina:)

I don't really like SEREBRO. That is why I didn't post their big hit "Mama Luba" here.

To say the truth I was not a great fan of Russian pop music before posting in this thread. But after trying to figure out what is going on right now in Russian music scene I really enjoyed some songs. I would say I enjoyed watching and listening. 

By the way are you from the former Soviet Union?

Very nice songs of Vitas. He is cool.

Mar 3, 2012 at 4:12 AM Post #45 of 83
Vitas is now more popular outside of Russia, however if you arent on TV screen that often, doesnt nesessery mean you arent that popular anymore. His earlier years were very good in Russian pop industry and he moved further. I dont see him much on Russian TV lately, what ever its good or not, but he is definitely have the talent and everything that came with it.
He were raised in my home town Odessa Ukraine, but he were born in Latvia, so, not sure if you can call us the compatriots:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back