Rush: Moving Pictures 5.1 CD+BD, CD+DVD-A
Mar 2, 2011 at 11:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

SiriuslyCold

500+ Head-Fier
Hirez surround in Blu-ray and DVD-Audio!! YEAHHH!!!!

http://news.2112.net/2010/05/rushs-back-catalog-2011-reissue.html

Quote:
Tracklisting:

CD:

Tom Sawyer

Red Barchetta
YYZ
Limelight
The Camera Eye

Witch Hunt

Vital Signs

BLU-RAY / DVD-AUDIO/VIDEO (same tracklist for both)
Tom Sawyer (Audiophile 5.1 Surround and Stereo)
Red Barchetta (Audiophile 5.1 Surround and Stereo)
YYZ (Audiophile 5.1 Surround and Stereo)

Limelight (Audiophile 5.1 Surround and Stereo)
The Camera Eye (Audiophile 5.1 Surround and Stereo)

Witch Hunt (Audiophile 5.1 Surround and Stereo)
Vital Signs (Audiophile 5.1 Surround and Stereo)

Tom Sawyer (Music Video – 5.1 & Stereo)
Limelight (Music Video – 5.1 & Stereo)
Vital Signs (Music Video – 5.1 & Stereo – Previously Unreleased)" 

Mar 3, 2011 at 1:35 PM Post #2 of 16
Man, good news. I have been really hoping that we receive more and more pop/rock BD High Rez surround releases. With Blu-ray's market penetration, more and more should come right? 

Anyway, I went ahead and preordered the BD edition. 

Mar 3, 2011 at 10:24 PM Post #4 of 16
Agreed. I would also be curious to know which will sell more - the DVD-Audio or the BD editions. 

Besides Rush, has there been any other rumblings about possible releases? I picked up The Social Network and Damn the Torpedos. I'm not even a Petty fan, just felt like contributing to the cause!

Mar 3, 2011 at 10:42 PM Post #5 of 16
BD I think will sell more in the long run - anybody's BD player will play these discs, while you don't get the best possible audio with a regular DVD player.

Maybe a lot of people who have had DVD-A players also replaced their players with a BD player without DVD-A capability 

Mar 5, 2011 at 7:33 AM Post #6 of 16
Wow, great coming release

I do have a problem choosing; my BD player can't support DVD-A and as such isn't connected to my headphone amp. My SACD player can play DVD-A, but offcourse no BD content and I use that player for my living room headphone rig. 

Apr 5, 2011 at 7:27 PM Post #8 of 16
Mine has shipped!! YESSS!! it's gonna take forever... :frowning2:

early review on AVSforum

Wow.

Having just spent the morning with Moving Pictures on Blu-ray, I can say that they got it right all over again. This fabulous album is brand-new. From the opening synth growl in Tom Sawyer to final fade in Vital Signs you’ll be treated to something that is truly special.

The surround mix is magnificent. Your rear speakers get plenty of work, but never fear; this mix is a companion unobtrusive , there but never obnoxious. It’s aggressive where it fits the music (the opening synths and percussion in Witch Hunt), occasionally playful (the triangle that opens YYZ), but never gimmicky. You’ll be glad if you sprung for matching mains and surrounds.

Those (like me) that have bemoaned the neutered bass on previous Rush releases have cause to rejoice: it’s here in spades. Full, focused, never bloated, and present in amounts that will shake the rafters, we finally have a Rush release that will satisfy even the most ardent Ged-heads.

Neil’s drums are mixed as if watching him play from the audience, with high toms to the right. All the famous jaw-dropping fills that audiences have come to know and love are reproduced here in thunderous clarity. The drum sound is that of the era, of course, and Neil would probably wish that the open sound of his DW kit circa 2011 was captured here, but that’s part of the fun of remixing a classic.

Alex’s guitars are loud and proud, just like a good rock record ought to be. The effect is a full room sound that had this listener grinning for the entire 40 minutes this gem of a record runs.

Apr 5, 2011 at 9:28 PM Post #10 of 16
virometal - BD music's future may be a lot better than we think; every BD player can play those hi-rez tracks unlike DVD-A where you need a compatible machine. When everyone changes their DVD players to BD players, they'll all have hirez capability - whether they care about it or not is a different question, but it won't be a stretch to think they'll notice their concert BDs sound better than their CDs on it.

Apr 11, 2011 at 8:03 PM Post #14 of 16
Playing it now - sounds GREAT. Wow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back