Rush is coming to Ottawa!
Apr 3, 2007 at 5:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Ampl1tude

100+ Head-Fier
Just a head's up for all everyone who lives in Ottawa Ontario Canada.

Rush is coming September 22endish?

Can't wait for the concert, gonna get my tickets nice and early.

Apr 3, 2007 at 6:09 PM Post #2 of 11
When I saw RUSH they didn't play very long. I went to the concert late to avoid the 1st band. I don't remember who they were.

When I got there RUSH just started to play and it was so crowded. I had to use the bathroom and it took forever to walk over because there were just so many people. By the time I got back to my seat, they played another 2 songs and they were done.

I payed $40 dollars to use a stinky bathroom and listen to 2 songs.

Apr 3, 2007 at 6:13 PM Post #3 of 11
Arnesto's story is so lame it's actually touching in a pathetic sort of way.

Apr 3, 2007 at 7:31 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by electrathecat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Arnesto's story is so lame it's actually touching in a pathetic sort of way.

Indeed it is.

I might be going to toronto, or ottawa depending on what is most convenient.

Apr 3, 2007 at 9:58 PM Post #6 of 11
Rick Mercer (Canadian comedian), on his weekly TV show, interviewed Neil Peart at some factory/warehouse in Toronto where Rush stores their stage equipment and rehearses. They showed the two of them outside the place in the parking lot, but unfortunately there weren't enough clues to tell exactly where it was. If you could find that warehouse, you could hear Rush for free.

Apr 3, 2007 at 10:02 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh god! there is no !@#$%^& drummer better than neil peart on earth!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5PKCFSbwJ0

/did anyone catch that last sunday?

yes. many, many sundays ago.
wink.gif
great bit, i love all of the rush jokes splattered out through fg and futurama and the like.

Apr 3, 2007 at 10:27 PM Post #8 of 11
Rush didn't play for long? Support act? this was a while ago then. They haven't had a support act for the last two tours at least, and both time they've played 3 hours or so..

Well I'll be watching from the Front row this time @ Red Rocks. Woot

Neil Peart rocks. Heck, even my wife was air drumming to his stuff, which was quite a surprise
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 3, 2007 at 11:53 PM Post #9 of 11
Yeah, it was a while ago. They played in Long Beach, CA. and it was about 12 years ago.

Reminds me of the Billy Crystal joke, he said he paid $1000 dollars to see Mike Tyson in his prime years. He went to go get a beer, when he came back the fight was over.

Plus I didn't have good seats, Geddy Lee looked like a insect, because he was so far away. The atmosphere wasn't that great either and they played some of their newer stuff that I wasn't so crazy about. I was so distracted by the crowds and stuff I never really got into their playing music.

Apr 4, 2007 at 2:21 AM Post #10 of 11
I'm still holding out hope that they'll announce a date here in Edmonton. They've got a big gap between their concert in Uncasville (that can't be a real place, can it?) and their concert in Calgary that they could easily slip a local show in to.

Of course, I'm sure they won't because they're jerks.

Apr 4, 2007 at 4:06 AM Post #11 of 11
I really hope they play alot of their older stuff...

Like what Roger Water's is doing on his tour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back