Rupert Neve RNHP - humming(cicada) noise
Mar 23, 2022 at 2:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

DarkDEV28

New Head-Fier
Just got the RNHP, but I am getting a cicada noise. I believe it due to the power supply being non-original, looking at Z's unbox of the RNHP and he mention it 24V 0.4A power supply, where I got a 12V 3.0A power supply.

Does anyone know where I can order the original power supply, or what I can do about the cicada noise.

Mar 23, 2022 at 3:49 PM Post #2 of 3
Apr 3, 2022 at 2:07 AM Post #3 of 3
@DarkDEV28,

Suggest getting the correct power supply from the retailer you got it from if you didn't get it second hand.

For safety reasons, it's important the voltage on a power supply be correct, in this case 24 VDC .25amp (6watt min), which can usually be found on the back of the unit or on the Rupert Neve website, scroll down to specs.
What is not as important is the amp though it is also important to not go above manufacturer recommended spec.

Once you get the correct power supply, if you still experience ground hum which is the cicada noise you're referring to, it may be your mains power isn't clean or grounded either then I would suggest getting an electrician to look at fixing your mains lines.

Hope this makes sense.

Hope you have a great day !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back