Running in the HD-650: How did yours progress?
Jun 14, 2005 at 5:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

tanfenton

500+ Head-Fier
I have had the Sennheiser for about a month after some convincing on the part of a friend's set. Last week I decided to accelerate whatever process most folks think this headphone seems to go through. It was only after the first hundred hours of this continuing period of burn-in blitzkrieg that I sought out others' thoughts on the subject. One of Gpalmer's posts comes to mind which advised running in the 650 in the neighborhood of three hundred hours. I have another week to go before I surpass that mark. Still I find the Sennheiser varying dramatically in its capability of hi-fi reproduction.

The first ten or so hours were excellent. They could have been better, but I wasn't about to complain. Fifty hours rolled around and the story changed: they flat out sucked and managed to sound worse than I remember the HD-600 sounding when I was on less cherry terms with that headphone. The lights came back up forty hours later and dimmed some (though not so startlingly) as the hundredth hour passed by. All this monitoring has occured shortly past midnight in a small town with little drain on the power grid (nix line noise). Not that that should matter much with the equipment running on a twenty amp circuit and that circuit having a dedicated ground. I really don't know what to make of it.

What changes did you all experience?

NGF

Jun 14, 2005 at 6:11 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by tanfenton
The lights came back up forty hours later and dimmed some (though not so startlingly) as the hundredth hour passed by. All this monitoring has occured shortly past midnight in a small town with little drain on the power grid (nix line noise). Not that that should matter much with the equipment running on a twenty amp circuit and that circuit having a dedicated ground.

I'm confused... can you explain this part?

Jun 14, 2005 at 6:43 AM Post #3 of 4
I bought mine new in February - and have only managed about 25 hours so far
frown.gif

Guess I'll have to pop them in the sock drawer for a few days with the JB3 for company
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 14, 2005 at 6:50 AM Post #4 of 4
lol I'm sorry to derail your thread, but when I first read the title, I thought you meant jogging while wearing the 650s.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back