Running Audio - thinking of trying PL50- Where to order?
Aug 24, 2009 at 3:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

lindmar

New Head-Fier
I run a lot with my iphone and arm band. I am thinking of trying a few new sets of cheaper more affordable options out there.

The Soundmagic items look really nice to me, especially the PL50 or even the PL30's.

What's the best place to order from where I wont have to wait months? As well, what do you guys think of these for a running solution?

I was currently running with a pair of Griffin Earbuds - just basic $20 buck things but I lost them. Before that I've played with many different pairs of sonys, modded jvc's etc.

Looking for something that will stay in and sound will be quality , for when not running as well.

I run on a trail in the middle of nowhere so I dont mind good quality isolation.

Aug 24, 2009 at 6:48 PM Post #2 of 6
If you need them quick, you can order the PL30's from head-direct.com (usually take 3-4 days to deliver within the states) and the PL50's from a seller on ebay who offers express shipping as standard (I got mine in four days).

And yes, both will work well for running with the right tips - the over-ear design is pretty secure and they are both low on microphonics.

Aug 24, 2009 at 7:07 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by lindmar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there such things as fake PL50's? Do I need to worry about anything like that with that ebay seller?

No, there is no fake PL50's. Not much profit to be made. I got mine from that seller and they're quite real.

Aug 24, 2009 at 7:15 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, there is no fake PL50's. Not much profit to be made. I got mine from that seller and they're quite real.

Do you think the price for the PL50 is worth it over the PL30? I do go through quite a few phones with sweat, running, workouts.

Thanks for the response.

Aug 24, 2009 at 7:23 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by lindmar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you think the price for the PL50 is worth it over the PL30? I do go through quite a few phones with sweat, running, workouts.

Thanks for the response.

That's a tough question. If you really do destroy phones often, you can easily go through two pairs of PL30s for the price of one PL50. They are also quite different soundwise - the PL30's are fun and have somewhat forward mids. The PL50's are warmer and more relaxed but have better extension on either end.

I also don't know how well the PL50's survive harsh treatment, but my PL30s are about 9 months old and still going strong, although the paint is almost gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back