Rumors of 4th gen iPod
Mar 19, 2004 at 12:24 AM Post #32 of 47
Quote:

Originally posted by rextrade
All I want out of this damn company is a firmware update that will allow me to program my own eq

HEAR HEAR!

Mar 20, 2004 at 11:36 PM Post #33 of 47
Give the damn 4G the following and I will be a lemming for the Cupertino crowd:

1) Lossless (FLAC or APE) support
2) Gapless playback
3) 50-60GB drive
4) Use of same dock connector so I do not need to re-buy cables, etc.
5) Same or better battery life
6) Remote with display (less important)
7) Mini clickwheel (guaranteed to be in it)
8) Better EQ (5-band, please)
9) Line-out w/o needing to use dock or Sik cable

I think it could be another big seller if they hit on 2/3 of those items.

Mar 20, 2004 at 11:53 PM Post #34 of 47
I would buy one the day they are out if they have 2/3 the items you listed. I am trying to sell my 30gb now with the hope this will be out soon. I know it could be as late as this summer. If it is not out soon I would pick up a 40gb. I am maxed out on my 30gb right now. A line out, without the need for my sik cable would be great. Forget the video and color screen. Keep the ipod what its always been, an mp3 player (FLAC support would be great).

Mar 21, 2004 at 12:52 AM Post #36 of 47
Quote:

Originally posted by maczrool
What about S/PDIF out?

Stu

Even that is not as important, because you're not going to be carrying a portable DAC (portable DAC, ha!.. Nothing like that even exists!) & amp with you anyway. The sound quality on 3rd gen iPod's line-out is already excellent, so line-out => amp is more than good enough.

Mar 21, 2004 at 1:59 AM Post #37 of 47
Quote:

Originally posted by dura
What I want is not exactly better battery-life, but a userreplacable battery, so that when I drained one I can pop-in a spare one and recharge the empty one when I'm home.

I think though, they want to keep the size the same or at least similar, so i doubt they will implement this "for space reasons"

THough... the N-1 has a removeable battery whereas the N-10 doesnt, and the N-10 is like only a tiny tiny bit smaller than the N1.... hmmm

Mar 21, 2004 at 4:59 AM Post #39 of 47
If Apple did find a good color screen that didn't suck power, I wouldn't worry about a garish interface. Apple already extended the look of OS X into their retail store (the signage and so on), and there's no real reason to think that they couldn't scale down the OS X look for the iPod.

I'd only add one thing to cmascatello list:

10) Aluminum housing.

I don't care if there are colors, but I'd like to get away from obsessing over fingerprints and scratches on my iPod.

Mar 21, 2004 at 4:25 PM Post #40 of 47
Quote:

Originally posted by lindrone
Even that is not as important, because you're not going to be carrying a portable DAC (portable DAC, ha!.. Nothing like that even exists!) & amp with you anyway. The sound quality on 3rd gen iPod's line-out is already excellent, so line-out => amp is more than good enough.

I have issues with the iPod's sound quality so S/PDIF would be a great addition for me and I'm sure quite a few others.

Stu

Mar 22, 2004 at 2:50 AM Post #41 of 47
The only way i see my self buying an ipod is if it had an integrated cellphone. I will buy the first HDD Dap that has one.

Mar 23, 2004 at 6:28 PM Post #45 of 47
Quote:

Originally posted by dura
What I want is not exactly better battery-life, but a userreplacable battery, so that when I drained one I can pop-in a spare one and recharge the empty one when I'm home. I do that with my MD-player, my CDP, my digicam and this is the only reason I do not yet own a iPod; I don't care how long it plays on a battery, just as long as spares are available. I often listen more then 8 hours a day (long trips, flights), so an Apple is simply no use (unless you are prepared to lug along a big ugly heavy expensive belkin pack are something like that).

Yes, I'm with you on this. Especially since with the 2nd and 3rd generation iPods, the battery life seemed to get worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back