Rugby World Cup Fans?
Sep 20, 2011 at 11:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

kiwirugby

Headphoneus Supremus
Anyone in this august - well, September actually - community of head-fiers taking interest and/or watching the rugby world cup in New Zealand?

I really hope the All Blacks can win the William Webb Ellis Cup this time!

Here's a link for anyone interested: http://www.rugbyworldcup.com

Sep 20, 2011 at 7:45 PM Post #2 of 7
Really upset that I have no time to watch this. I love rugby...best sport on earth.

Can't believe I'm missing a world cup year.

Sep 20, 2011 at 8:23 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:
Really upset that I have no time to watch this. I love rugby...best sport on earth.

Can't believe I'm missing a world cup year.

That's really too bad.  Sorry.   Couldn't agree more that rugby is truly one of the best sports out there.  

I could make a comment on American football - more like run, throw and catch ball with little to no foot in it! - but I'll refrain....helmets, pads, need for oxygen on the side line, committee meetings, ubiquitous time outs, takes 9 hours of which 20 minutes is actual play on the field....oops.....sorry...

Sep 20, 2011 at 9:22 PM Post #4 of 7
Definitely watching - some good games so far, and a lot of the teams surprisingly close.  The game this weekend (NZ v France) should be excellent.

Sep 21, 2011 at 3:58 AM Post #6 of 7
The Irish played brilliantly in that game.  I wouldn't count the Aussies out though.  They have a good team, and can beat anyone on their day.  Just hope it's not the All Blacks - it's our turn to win this one 
wink.gif

Sep 24, 2011 at 4:25 PM Post #7 of 7
The Eagles sure gave the Wallabies a rough time!   Those Eagle backs can hit!

All Blacks avenged that ridiculously-refereed quarter final four years ago.   Having Dan Carter back at fly-half really made a difference.   All Blacks are looking good....but I think everyone has to worry about South Africa.

How about those Samoans????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back