Rugby World Cup 2007
Sep 7, 2007 at 10:39 PM Post #5 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by NacMacFeegle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In honour of the World Cup starting today here's a couple of gems from youtube. I'm so envious of all the guys on the other side of the world able to watch the games. I'm just hoping ESPN or somebody picks up some of the matches....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Zvs4T4RU30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmy6O...elated&search=

If you go to setanta.com, look for venues and type in your zipcode, you may find a pub near you that's showing the games. I am lucky because two pubs within 10 miles have all the games on. You may be so lucky.

I don't think that there is such an interest in rugby in the US even though they have a team in the 16 teams. So, I doubt it will be on ESPN, not until maybe the final.

Sep 8, 2007 at 1:01 AM Post #6 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwirugby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you go to setanta.com, look for venues and type in your zipcode, you may find a pub near you that's showing the games. I am lucky because two pubs within 10 miles have all the games on. You may be so lucky.

I don't think that there is such an interest in rugby in the US even though they have a team in the 16 teams. So, I doubt it will be on ESPN, not until maybe the final.

Thanks for the tip Kiwi, but Alas!...the nearest pub is over the border into Canada. I guess I'll just have to stay glued to the BBC online. Great result tonight hey?
I guess it'll be mainly me and you for the duration...(apart from that Bok that is)..
See you in Edinburgh
wink.gif

Sep 8, 2007 at 2:19 AM Post #7 of 129
NacMacFeegle;3257691 said:
Great result tonight hey?
I guess it'll be mainly me and you for the duration...(apart from that Bok that is)..
QUOTE]

There'll be a few of us glued to the box for the next few weeks, cant wait for our opening game against Italy tonight.
Loved the win by Argentina this morning, really upset some predictions.

Sep 8, 2007 at 3:27 AM Post #8 of 129
Ahh, all this rugby should take our country down a peg after demolishing Russia in the super-series.

Sep 8, 2007 at 7:44 AM Post #9 of 129
DS TV & Supersport1 to the rescue
cool.gif

Argentinians embarresed French last night. they attacked & attacked and the french had no response. it was a dirty game as the argentinians were making lot of forward passes , deliberate infringments , wasting time etc. the refree was stupid , missed so many calls and had a really bad game but the better team one.

you can watch all the matches online for 50$ on the offical RWC site but its on 24 hr delay.

Sep 8, 2007 at 8:41 AM Post #10 of 129
Here's to hoping the Welsh do well.

Sep 8, 2007 at 4:13 PM Post #13 of 129
tuatara;3257877 said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by NacMacFeegle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great result tonight hey?
QUOTE]

There'll be a few of us glued to the box for the next few weeks, cant wait for our opening game against Italy tonight.
Loved the win by Argentina this morning, really upset some predictions.

Good to see this thread gaining momentum!!! Thanks to all of you!

Some amazing scores!! Wallabies fair clobbered Japan, 91-3!! And the ABs did their part in beating Italy, 87-4. The ABs have to be really careful with those yellow cards!! How Collins didn't get sent off for spear tackling, I don't know. I got up at 4am PDT to watch the ABs over a few pints. Beer for breakfast is pretty good.....very nutritious!!

I wouldn't right off any of the big eight (UK, ABs, Australia, South Africa, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, France). All it takes in the quarters and semis is one game! Scotland could give everyone fits.

All the best lads. Let's keep this thread going.

Sep 8, 2007 at 8:37 PM Post #14 of 129
Bok supporter checking in.
Looks like it is going to be one tough tournament. The ABs looked particularly lethal against Italy today and the Wallabies hardly broke a sweat in running over Japan, hopefully Wales will provide a sterner test.

Sep 8, 2007 at 8:41 PM Post #15 of 129
Despite the score I thought the All Blacks looked fairly ordinary for alot of the match, hope they'll get out of 2nd gear at some stage.
Quite funny watching the match with my wife who's Italian, alot of muttering from her side of the room about the Italians being a bunch of pansies.

I'm pretty certain that the cup winner will come from the southern hemisphere, I dont think any of the European sides are up to it at this stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back