Rudistor NX-03
Jun 9, 2009 at 12:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Edoardo

500+ Head-Fier
Please,
Let me know everything you know about it.

I would also like to know whether it likes these headphones or not
Grado SR325i
Sennheiser HD 600/650
Beyerdynamic DT 770/880/990
AKG k 701/702
Audio Technica ATH M-50

Jun 9, 2009 at 12:19 PM Post #3 of 13
I searched the other day there isn't that much info on the nx-03, a lot more on the rpx-33. It seems to be a good solid state amp that is an evolution of the nx-02 which people also like and most reviews seem positive just not as much info as one would expect, the higher end models are more popular.

Jun 9, 2009 at 2:00 PM Post #4 of 13
Edoardo, I think that is better to select first the headphone and then the amplifier..

Jun 9, 2009 at 2:47 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by axellone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Edoardo, I think that is better to select first the headphone and then the amplifier..

completely agree

Jun 9, 2009 at 3:14 PM Post #7 of 13
Yes and no....I chose 701 first and the result is that I ends up where I am now lol! Can't really comment on NX-03 headphones handling capabiilty (as I don't have one); all I know is RPX33 is pretty good at that but internally the two amps are different though. Best to PM member who has one.

Jun 10, 2009 at 12:51 PM Post #8 of 13
Hello Axellone,
I agree with you, but my situation is the following... I'm planning to get a definitive home system (I already got a portable one).
I have already asked about headphones here and I've have an idea of what to look for. That's where my list come from.
The fact is that:
- I won't buy any of the headphone listed without having listened to them before, so I find it pointless to keep asking about headphones here.
- I'm still looking for where to listen to these headphones.
- If for me it is difficult to find where to listen to the headphones before buying them, for the amp, this is impossible.

the NX03 gave me the idea of being a sort of "universal amp", that's why I opened such a topic before chosen the phones. Futhermore amps and phones go in the same budget so I want to have an idea of which amp I will need before I buy the phones....

thanks for your time guys

Jun 10, 2009 at 1:46 PM Post #9 of 13
Problem for me with Rudistor is I've read a few threads where Rudi and Gilmore went at it and it seemed to me, Rudi didn't know what he was talking about and was just flailing about. That pretty much just lost any confidence I had in this Dr. Rudi.

Jun 12, 2009 at 8:32 PM Post #13 of 13
why not... It is just that I already dropped some lines here, and thought just to write another one!
normal_smile .gif
I know that the Vacuum Tube models are assembled by he himself, but nothing about the SS...
redface.gif
no one's got it here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back