Rudistor Nx-03 or Slee Solo for Grado GS1000i
Apr 21, 2009 at 8:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Leicachamp

100+ Head-Fier
Hello Everybody.

I have been using a Darkvoice 336 for the past 2 years with a pair of Grado RS2's and now a pair of new GS1000i's. What i find lacking is in the prat/rhythm department. The system has all the right bass, mid and treble, but somehow doesnt rock my boat in excitement.

Living in Australia doesnt present many opportunities to audition amps. I have narrowed down to the Slee Solo SRG or the Rudistor NX-03. I have picked solid state gear because of my preconception that valves dont do PRAT very well (please correct me if I am wrong). My speaker rig was changed from a valve system to solid state last year and the boogie factor really kicked in.

The Slee solo seems to be a safe option for I see a lot of reviews and reports on them. However i have read some people stating that their Rudistor is the best amp that they have heard. From what i have read it seems the reports of the Rudistor is in a different league to the Slee Solo.

Is the Slee and the Rudistor much better than the Darkvoice or just different presenations

Can you guys offer me any advice on the matter.

Thanks for any advice.

Apr 21, 2009 at 9:07 PM Post #2 of 8
Oh yeah, try EAR HP4 before you say so...
wink.gif

EAR is fast as an freaking F1 and musical the same time, so, dont compare this Darkvoice bulldozer with it.

I tried Rudi RPX100 with GS1000 and didnt like it at all, to metallic...

Apr 22, 2009 at 3:14 AM Post #4 of 8
Woo Audio 6 SE reportedly synergizes very well with GS1000. You should definitely check it out.

Apr 22, 2009 at 9:11 PM Post #5 of 8
There must be someone out there that has experience with both amps. I would be interesting to see the comparsion of one companies top of the range against anothers low end range of amps.

Apr 22, 2009 at 10:21 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by peanuthead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Woo Audio 6 SE reportedly synergizes very well with GS1000. You should definitely check it out.

X2 and also the singlepower amps.

Being open to tubes is a good thing with the GS-1000

Aug 10, 2009 at 8:17 AM Post #7 of 8
anyone with more to say about these 2 amps to be used for different headphones besides the gs1000? In other words if i wanted a badass amp that is ready for any headphone I get, which one of these 2 should I pick? wa6 with pdps upgrade and sophia rectifier or rudi nx-03

Users who are viewing this thread

Back