Rubber tips on Etys - when do you change them?
Sep 24, 2002 at 1:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Superbaldguy

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm starting to see the seal doesn't seem to work as well after a couple months of a *lot* of use; does this mean it's time to replace the rubber tips?

Sep 24, 2002 at 2:07 PM Post #2 of 7
when they turn green or when alcohol no longer cleans them.
biggrin.gif

Sep 25, 2002 at 4:28 AM Post #3 of 7
I also noticed it is harder to get a good seal after a few months of extensive usage.
I changed them with new ones and had the same difficulties.

Oh my God, are my ear canal got wider.
confused.gif

Sep 25, 2002 at 6:32 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by is2us
Oh my God, are my ear canal got wider.
confused.gif

I think my ear canal got wider after using the ety4's for a few months, too. But I was still able to get a good seal. If you are concerned about your canal being stretched, try earmolds.

Sep 26, 2002 at 12:55 AM Post #5 of 7
I was kidding about my ear canal's getting wider. But now you got me worried again
wink.gif
. I think that I just have less patience putting them in.
I've been recommended to order the earmolds several times.
Does anyone know where (and how) can I order them and how much it costs?
I browsed through Etymotic.com site and didn't find anything.

Thank you.

Sep 26, 2002 at 2:29 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by grinch
when they turn green or when alcohol no longer cleans them.
biggrin.gif

well, i find that cleaning them after each use with dish washing liquid keeps them from turning green or even yellow. but that also raises the issue of repeated changing. they need a bit of a twist to get on. except for the nasty color change (before discovering the wonder of dawn), there wasn't any reason the replace them. i suspect they'll outlast me.

the ear pull on insertion is important. there's also the lick-n-stick mentioned on the ety site, if i recall; last time i mentioned i got flamed a bit, but it does work. and if kept cleaned, the tips don't taste nasty. i mean, if you're a nail biter (a passion i've managed to give up) and clean your ears with a digit (and WHO doesn't, be honest) you KNOW what your particular brand of ear grease tastes like.

toodles,
HAL

Sep 26, 2002 at 4:43 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

you KNOW what your particular brand of ear grease tastes like.

[Ralph] My cat's breath tastes like catfood. [/Ralph]
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back