RSA website warranty check page
Jun 9, 2008 at 2:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

ralfale

Head-Fier
I supposed it will be more convenient for everyone and Ray to have a page on RSA website to do a warranty check for amps isn't it?

Instead of the current method of emailing, which waste more effort for Ray and also slower turnaround time.

Any supporters for this?

Jun 9, 2008 at 3:15 AM Post #2 of 12
what do you mean?

do you mean a webpage that ray is to spend time updating daily to reflect what warranty claims he is working on and has completed?

i wrote that down, and my beverage came out of my nose because i laughed at how stupid it sounds. i'l leave it up anyways.

this is LESS convenient for a small buisness because the page MUST be updated regularly which takes time. it is a good maneuver for larger buisness to do it because consumers like the looks of it, and you dont need as many call-takers who can only say "its in line, call back in a week."

the mark of a buisness is not this request, but that you can speak to a knowledgeable person at the drop of a hat. perhaps a little while longer for buisness with 3 or 5 employees...

edited:
if nobody emailed and used up rays time, it would probably get done about the same speed, perhaps less because ray could spend more time repairing busted stuff (which i dont think he has much of, but everyones got some.)

Jun 9, 2008 at 3:53 AM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what do you mean?

do you mean a webpage that ray is to spend time updating daily to reflect what warranty claims he is working on and has completed?

i wrote that down, and my beverage came out of my nose because i laughed at how stupid it sounds. i'l leave it up anyways.

this is LESS convenient for a small buisness because the page MUST be updated regularly which takes time. it is a good maneuver for larger buisness to do it because consumers like the looks of it, and you dont need as many call-takers who can only say "its in line, call back in a week."

the mark of a buisness is not this request, but that you can speak to a knowledgeable person at the drop of a hat. perhaps a little while longer for buisness with 3 or 5 employees...

edited:
if nobody emailed and used up rays time, it would probably get done about the same speed, perhaps less because ray could spend more time repairing busted stuff (which i dont think he has much of, but everyones got some.)

You got it all wrong dude.

What i meant is, a simple page that let us inputs serial number of amps, and outputs the warranty period expiry date.
All it needs is a simple database with a few fields. Not that difficult right. Looking at the resale market, i'm pretty sure Ray gets quite a lot of mails daily asking him to check the warranty period of certain amps.

Jun 9, 2008 at 6:14 AM Post #4 of 12
You're assuming he's using a DB backend, which doesn't appear to be the case. Looks to be all static content.

Jun 9, 2008 at 12:55 PM Post #6 of 12
Have you contacted Ray himself and offered the suggestion?

People who don't run a business always know how to run one better and always have useful suggestions. Ray is running a successful business and as such knows where his resources are best directed.

Mitch

Jun 9, 2008 at 2:57 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by ralfale /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am not assuming. I am just suggesting that the website can be improved with this.

Guess I should have explained myself better. What I should have said was, you're assuming it's simple. But if he's not using a database, he'd have to set one up.

Jun 9, 2008 at 4:48 PM Post #11 of 12
The amps he is selling have papers with warranty period and date of purchase. That all you need to know.
Now if you want to buy good working amp in FS section and it passed the warranty date so then you won't buy it?
Or if you bought it and then something went wrong and it doesn't perform as should then you have to send it over to fix anyway no matter if it still under warranty or not. IMO.

Jun 9, 2008 at 7:53 PM Post #12 of 12
I don't see why you'd need a warranty check on the RSA site, when:

1 - If you're the first owner and paid via PayPal, the transaction record (including date of purchase) is saved in the PayPal history.
2 - If you're the first owner and paid by check (or another paper-based method), you should have your carbon copy (showing date of purchase).
3 - If you're a 2nd or 3rd owner, you can find out who the 1st owner is and contact them.
4 - 3 years is a long time, and the last 4 products from RSA came out in the last 2 years, so what are you worried about?

Your idea of an entry form for a serial number is also not a good one and would compromise the security of every serial number (and possibly buyer information). I'm aware of several companies that maintain private databases for serial numbers (Ayre Acoustics being one) and they do not maintain such a database that can be looked up on their Web site, you have to call them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back