RSA Predator Killing Clarity?
Feb 10, 2011 at 12:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

QuantumXL

100+ Head-Fier
I was listening to my reshelled TF10s x 8 straight out of the mail box with my amped setup. I never noticed this with my standard TF10s but for some reason the instrument separation was horrible and sound stage was literally nonexistent. I seriously thought it was my headphones and immediately contacted Stephen. Later that night I decided to take my amped setup and use the headphones straight from the ipod touch 3.5mm port and sound stage sounded phenomenal and instrument separation was as sexy as it could be. This is un-EQed. So what could it be?

My amped setup is RSA Predator with a LOD cable (that has a USB and headphone jack. The USB gives the option to charge it without the need of disconnecting the LOD), Null Audio Lune cables and of course my TF10s x 8 all coming out of a Ipod touch 3G

Feb 10, 2011 at 12:39 AM Post #2 of 3
did you try messing with the gain switches? also, maybe there is a defect with your predator

Feb 10, 2011 at 10:27 AM Post #3 of 3
Yeah. I normally have it on Medium gain, but the effect is actually worse on low gain and slightly a little better on high gain. I'm going to try a new LOD and see what happens. If worse comes to worst I'll send in my amp to RSA and see what happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back