RSA P-51 + Grado SR-225i Lurk Moar
Feb 2, 2011 at 12:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

New Head-Fier
Hello, I've been lurking on here for awhile and trying to educated myself on the intimidating number of amp and headphone combinations available. I do not currently own any high end audio equipment, but have become increasingly interested in all of the details of the music that I listen too.
I currently use Klipsch S4 IEM out of the headphone jack of an ipod. They have been good to me for the last year (much better than stock apple earbuds), but I really feel like there is much room for improvement. I have decided that a pair of Grado SR-225i's would offer the most sensible starting point for higher end audio in terms of quality/cost. However I'm having trouble picking an amplifier for them.

My source is the line level pin output of a 5th Gen ipod.
I am looking for a portable amp that I can conveniently transport between home/work/school/etc and put in my pocket if necessary.

After reading Skylab's thread and some other reviews, it looks like the RSA P-51 portable is a great choice. It has received ecstatic reviews, is compact, and below my $400 price range.  I'm pretty sure that this is the amp I want, but I need to hear some user input from people who have tried this combination.

On a side note, is the P-51 highly sensative to RF interferance? So for example, if I plug a friends iphone into my portable amp through the line out, will there be audible hiss and chatter from the cell antenna?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back