RSA HR-2. For desktop amp. How good is it and how much would you pay for one?
Nov 2, 2008 at 4:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

bce22

100+ Head-Fier
hi head-fiers:

I can't find what I'm looking for with the search function.

What are your impressions of the HR-2? What other amps in it's class would you consider and what would you consider a worthy price to pay for a used one?

My primary sources will be my PC and iPhone both with lossless files and good quality interconnects. For headphones check my sig below. I may also be getting a pair of edition 9's as well.

Regards

Nov 2, 2008 at 4:30 AM Post #3 of 13
thanks for the reply. I do mean HR-2. I didn't mess that up during my search however obviously I screwed up in my thread. Unfortunately I can't edit the title. Oh well, I think most knowledgeable folks will know what I mean and hopefully I won't get flamed too badly
wink.gif

Nov 2, 2008 at 4:56 AM Post #4 of 13
You can edit the title. Do an edit and then you will notice that you can edit again at the bottom of the page. Click edit for the second time and that will then allow you to change the title.

Nov 2, 2008 at 5:15 AM Post #6 of 13
I am sincerely sorry. First thread screw-up. I fixed thread title so no more confusion. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Now that it is fixed. Any thoughts?

Nov 2, 2008 at 5:31 AM Post #7 of 13
You will get more response during the week when people go to work and can hang out here again. lol

Nov 2, 2008 at 5:44 AM Post #8 of 13
thanks guys,

It is funny how much time head-fiers spend on the forums while "working". I also have the bug!

Nov 4, 2008 at 11:21 PM Post #10 of 13
I have the HR-2 in my bedside set-up:

NAD C542 > HR-2 > Senn HD-600's

I am very happy with this set-up. It is a great combination. I would do it all over again, especially if I had the cash in this tough U.S. economy. Sometimes, I prefer this amp over the Raptor when I want more of a SS sound.

Nov 5, 2008 at 1:03 AM Post #11 of 13
I was amazed by its black background, it's very quiet. Compare to my previous amp, it has clarity and it provides more details on some songs. Bass is tighter and it makes HD650 headphones less recessed.

I bought it early this year when the australian dollar was stronger, so it was worth it.

Nov 5, 2008 at 4:56 AM Post #12 of 13
Also, it's build quality is truly amazing. I (accidentally) dropped it from a rack about 5 feet tall and left a mark on the floor.
This was 4 years ago, and it still sounds great today
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back