RSA Hornet
Sep 17, 2006 at 1:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

wsilvio

500+ Head-Fier
I received my RSA hornet about two weeks ago, and just want to say how much I love this little amp! I'm using it with sure e500's and a ALO cryo dock hooked to a 40G ipod. As you might imagine, this is a pretty addicting setup! I spend a lot of time commuting to work by train, and now really look forward to it! Previous to this, I was using a headroom total airhead from about 2 years ago. It was really good for the price, but was surprised how noisy it is compared to the hornet.

Thanks to Ray for a great product. Also, I am new to this forum, but have really enjoyed all the great info here.

will

Sep 17, 2006 at 5:36 AM Post #2 of 8
Did you get the M version? I got the original version, and I do not like how it sounds with Shure E500. I like the sound straight out of iPod more.

Sep 17, 2006 at 5:38 AM Post #3 of 8
i'm guessing since his is new, he has the 'm' mod. i believe after searching these threads that all the new hornets ship with the 'm' mod. correct me if i'm wrong.

Sep 17, 2006 at 8:56 AM Post #4 of 8
wsilvio. Welcome to Head-Fi!
... and sorry about your wallet.
wink.gif

RSA The Hornet sure is a great amplifier in a small package. It made wonders in my iPod -> UM2 system.

Sep 17, 2006 at 2:06 PM Post #5 of 8
The M-Hornet does wonders for my Sensa 2X-S and iMod'ed Nano (one of just a few ever made) combination. An exceptional lil amp indeed. I now have an overall portable that measures around 4 x 1.3 x 2 inches; this is including all external cabling, with sound quality that is scary good.

Sep 17, 2006 at 2:18 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by ouchia
i'm guessing since his is new, he has the 'm' mod. i believe after searching these threads that all the new hornets ship with the 'm' mod. correct me if i'm wrong.

I think you are correct. The new Hornets are shipped as the "M" version.

Sep 17, 2006 at 4:22 PM Post #7 of 8
My Hornet is burning in (about 48 hours atm). Early listens are wonderful. Have some travels over the next few months, and I hope to get a couple hundred hours asap.

With my correspondence with Ray I learned that all Hornets now shipped are the "M" version unless you specifically ask him for the old one, and even then I suspect that the number of those is limited.

Still amazing how small it is. You just don't get the feel for it in the pictures here.

Sep 19, 2006 at 1:52 AM Post #8 of 8
Yes it is the "M" version. Sounds great with the e500's. I've become addicted to music again! I'm hearing things on albums I never heard before. The more I listen the more I'm impressed with this little amp. Can't believe the sound quality. Also, the ALO cryo doc I got makes a big difference too.

Yes I'm sure my wallet is in trouble!!!!!!!!!!!!!

will

Users who are viewing this thread

Back