RS2 shout-out in TV show
Jul 30, 2010 at 12:17 PM Post #16 of 20
[size=12pt]Yeah, I just started watching this show a few days ago (NYC subway ads of Piper piqued my interest) and immediately recognized the Grados on the guy’s neck. [/size]

[size=12pt]I’m a little turned off about the product placement – seems like a sellout thing to do for a niche, quality player to do; expect that from Bose, but not Grado.  In the first ep, the guy says he used these headphones for accurate surveillancing AND to sneaking in music while on duty.  With the unique sound sig and the open nature of these headphones, the Grado would not be good for what he wants to do.[/size]

[size=12pt]I’ll hand this to them though: having the vintage, wooden Grados look good against the backdrop of a modern, tech laden CIA.  Like, really good.  Despite the inaccurate statements, the product placement worked and they got me wanting one (but too bad I can’t afford one yet).[/size]

Jul 30, 2010 at 12:23 PM Post #17 of 20
I doubt Grado asked or paid for this product placement. They always have relied on word of mouth for advertising. And I honestly think your "not being good" for what he said is a load of rubbish. He didn't say he wanted them for studio monitoring. Besides, it's a TV show.

Jul 30, 2010 at 12:37 PM Post #18 of 20
Of course it's a TV show - thanks for point that out, Master of the Obvious.  My criticism is that here is yet another product placement that gets the details wrong.  What about the Grados being an open can that leak a lot of sound is rubbish?

Quote:
I doubt Grado asked or paid for this product placement. They always have relied on word of mouth for advertising. And I honestly think your "not being good" for what he said is a load of rubbish. He didn't say he wanted them for studio monitoring. Besides, it's a TV show.

Jul 30, 2010 at 12:40 PM Post #19 of 20
There's nothing wrong with that, but I don't see how that would impede his uses. That said, the "Grahdo" bothered me.

Jul 30, 2010 at 12:40 PM Post #20 of 20
I saw this on TV but didn't remember the name of it.

there is also a commercial (unrelated) that has a guy listening to vinyl through Edition 8s. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back