RS1 vs GS1000
Apr 14, 2007 at 12:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

EdT

100+ Head-Fier
I had a chance to auditioned these two at the Montreal Festival for Sound and Image Show (FSI). First thing I noticed was how light weight they are compared to my SR325i, that itself is a plus. The RS1 has nice bass, but soundstage is very similar to my SR325i, but the GS1000 played through the RA-1 amp has amazing bass and soundstage and is very comfortable on the ears. I notice all those little defect some Head-Fi members were nickpicking on were also on the the demo units like the RS2, so it goes all the way up the line !
frown.gif

Apr 14, 2007 at 3:43 AM Post #2 of 17
I also tried all the Grados and wasn't impressed with the GS-1000. I don't think it is worth the extra cash over the RS-1. The RS-2 are also very similar to the RS-1, except that they're a little bit brighter. more sr325i ish.

At the FSI, their source was so bad, it was unbelievable. How can you test a 1000$ headphone on a crappy little player. We had to put the volume to maximum to get decent sound... Grado's rep in Canada are bad. They don't know how to sell product it's unbelievable.

Apr 14, 2007 at 7:03 AM Post #3 of 17
D'OH, it is this week? SHOOT!!! I actually would like to check out that show!

Apr 14, 2007 at 9:54 AM Post #4 of 17
Apr 14, 2007 at 10:33 AM Post #5 of 17
there's always room for new impressions. moreover, no one uses the search function, so it is as if they have never been compared before.

Apr 14, 2007 at 2:00 PM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...no one uses the search function...

This is one of the biggest problems on every forum.

Apr 14, 2007 at 4:37 PM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is one of the biggest problems on every forum.

Ok, my bad, maybe I should have reworded it to say "My First Audition of the GS1000" ....LoL

Apr 14, 2007 at 9:10 PM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, my bad, maybe I should have reworded it to say "My First Audition of the GS1000" ....LoL

This for sure would've helped because now the same persons who have already about five times (including myself
biggrin.gif
) told their opinion about RS-1 vs. GS1000, will do it once again in this thread. I don't know why but that's just the way it goes. I don't know about you guys but I find it kind of useless.

It's true that new opinions are always welcomed but why not in the old threads. Now when someone seeks information about RS-1 vs. GS1000 they will have to go through dozens of threads when they could find the information in just one or two thread.

I don't want to start a fight here but that's my opinion about the subject. Sorry for my whining and thanks for your opinion.

Apr 14, 2007 at 11:13 PM Post #10 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This for sure would've helped because now the same persons who have already about five times (including myself
biggrin.gif
) told their opinion about RS-1 vs. GS1000, will do it once again in this thread. I don't know why but that's just the way it goes. I don't know about you guys but I find it kind of useless.

It's true that new opinions are always welcomed but why not in the old threads. Now when someone seeks information about RS-1 vs. GS1000 they will have to go through dozens of threads when they could find the information in just one or two thread.

I don't want to start a fight here but that's my opinion about the subject. Sorry for my whining and thanks for your opinion.

The one thing I hate is reading through a 28 page thread for info, it always gets sidetracked. I like searching and having a good chunk of threads to read through.

Apr 14, 2007 at 11:46 PM Post #12 of 17
Heh... guys... isn't it less useful to write a thread about the search function being useless... or about the thread being useless... than to rewrite a thread about the RS1 vs GS1000 ? lol !

Apr 15, 2007 at 1:39 AM Post #13 of 17
No. The point is that users need to be trained that the search function exists. Repeating the same arguments over and over is pointless, boring, and creates massive database bloat.

Apr 15, 2007 at 4:08 AM Post #14 of 17
I think the search function can be used in an effective way. However, I don't mind answering questions 20 + times. It's an easy way to be friendly and an easy way for Jahn to get your his post count up.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 15, 2007 at 4:52 AM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The search function is useless half the time..

which half is which.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back