RS1 + c-pads????
Jan 2, 2006 at 3:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

kramer5150

Headphoneus Supremus
Anyone got pics? curious what they'd look like. Come to think of it I've NEVER seen this mod on the RS1. What's up with that?

thanks,
Garrett
rs1smile.gif

Jan 2, 2006 at 9:26 PM Post #3 of 19
I'm starting to think the cpads cant be installed on the 1- piece RS1/2 earcups.

Can someone confirm this?

Jan 2, 2006 at 9:31 PM Post #5 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by headphile.com
PS-1, HP-1000, RS-1, RS-2 and MS-Pro

I've decided to fit these in a slightly different way than the others. As seen in pic at right, I've put in two beads of "tacky tape", which is a putty that is sticky. Simply put driver faces in place and follow instructions above. Instead of snapping into place, the tacky tape holds the adapter to the driver face. It's not a permanent bond, they can be taken off and on. It isn't as convenient as snap in for taking off, but with different driver face sizes and as to not scratch the wood or metal, I've decided this is the best solution. If the tacky tape wears out from taking off and on regularly, it can be purchased at many stores in small quantities. Some call it "Blu-Tak" or "Adhesive Putty". Cut it lengthwise into spaghetti noodle size and press in as it was originally when received.

These are the installation instructions for the special C-Pads

Jan 2, 2006 at 10:15 PM Post #6 of 19
I know Larry won't do mahogany cups on Grados (i.e. clone RS-1/2s), but I wonder if he'd get some mahogany in to do C-pads with for matching? That'd be great
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 3, 2006 at 12:22 PM Post #8 of 19
I can't imagine listening to my RS-1s anymore without C-pads...

Sorry for the crappy pictures, I'm not much of a photographer (colors look really quite off too...they don't look much like the pictures at all in real life, but you get the idea).

Here ya go:

picture0126de.jpg

picture0139jw.jpg

picture0147hw.jpg

Jan 3, 2006 at 1:10 PM Post #9 of 19
DrOctagon, thanks for the pics. Which color is that? Even if the colors are off, do they come as close to the button color as they appear (I'm trying to match a HF1 button)? Also is that the Zeta Flat or Bowl?

Jan 4, 2006 at 4:33 AM Post #11 of 19
PS-1, HP-1000, RS-1, RS-2 and MS-Pro -
I've put in two beads of "tacky tape", which is a putty that is sticky.

Jan 4, 2006 at 5:52 AM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

DrOctagon, thanks for the pics. Which color is that? Even if the colors are off, do they come as close to the button color as they appear (I'm trying to match a HF1 button)? Also is that the Zeta Flat or Bowl?

Mine are Bubinga Ported Zeta Flat C-Pads. The bubinga matches the mahogany ear cups of the RS-1 a great deal better than it does the buttons, at least on my pair. The buttons on my RS-1s are lighter in color than the wooden ear cups, so while it looks pretty good, the difference in color is fairly apparent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back