RS-ii Infinity Speakers - worth it for $50??
Nov 2, 2012 at 9:50 PM Post #16 of 18
Tjohnusa, what is the best way to refinish speaker cabinets?  I have some Polks in beige and black finish and some Infinity RS4 speakers that are black and has some white overspray specs on it.  Don't know how to remove the overspray without damaging the black finish...  Any suggestions?

Jul 2, 2013 at 3:20 AM Post #17 of 18
I wouldn't sell mine ever.  Got 'em for nothing - broken and on their way to Goodwill.  Intercepted them...  Re-edged the dual woofers, cleaned up the pots, replaced the EMIT fuses (gotta love those fuses) - plugged them in to a Sony DA80ES and was very impressed.  Then pre outed from the Sony to an SCS (Sound Code Systems) 2600 and was instantly amazed.  Frank Sinatra sounded like he was IN MY STUDIO.  Un flippin' real - so good.  I still have the SCS - another piece I'll never part with but now I use the RSII's with a Sonance Sonamp 1230.  It's audio to die for - Love it!  Yeah you got a good deal - give them the power they need and they will amaze you.  Cheers!

Jul 11, 2013 at 1:37 AM Post #18 of 18
I used a pair of Infinity RS-II speakers years ago.  I remember that component matching was very important with these speakers--otherwise they could sound very bright. Also, you needed at least a 150 or 200 watts per channel amp to run them properly.  I found that a Grado Black cartridge, Grace tonearm, Thoreans belt-drive turntable combination through a PS Audio passive preamp, a Hafler 150 WPC SS and some Monster M1 speaker cables worked quite well with the RS-II speakers.  The Monster M1 speaker cables were an important addition because they tamed the rising high end of the RS-II.  I believe the Monster M1 speaker cable was designed to cure this problem with Infinity speakers of this era.  After I got the right matching components the RS-II sounded quite warm and listenable, with truly superior clarity and dynamics.

Roger

Users who are viewing this thread

Back