RS-1...No S/N?
Mar 30, 2007 at 6:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

rockbottom

100+ Head-Fier
I bought a pair of RS-1 from TNND a couple weeks back...and it arrived this wednesday...

It was the older ones with the white paper box and a orange stripe near the bottom...

The wood looks quite dark...I checked under the earpads on the wood but there were no serial number...are these the ones that are considered old and weren't serialized? In general, everything was pretty good condition except he said that the old ones didn't come with the 15 ft. extension cable...
frown.gif
...but I'll be listening to these babies for the next couple of days to come...

Mar 30, 2007 at 6:42 PM Post #2 of 10
Cool sounding pair of phones indeed!

One thing you may want to try is to look at the areas under the pads where the S/N should be with different colors or types of light. Who knows; you might get lucky and make out something.

(...doggone woodies anyway.
frown.gif
)

Mar 30, 2007 at 6:48 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockbottom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought a pair of RS-1 from TNND a couple weeks back

TNND
confused.gif

Mar 30, 2007 at 7:07 PM Post #4 of 10
TNND is another member here...

I tried looking under the earpad...no luck...

Mar 30, 2007 at 7:13 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockbottom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
TNND is another member here...

I tried looking under the earpad...no luck...

No luck? Yes luck! These are quite rare and some say that there's a slight difference in sound, making them fairly sought after. Congrats on the great set of cans!

Mar 30, 2007 at 8:17 PM Post #7 of 10
Nice! Got these for 550 shipped and they're in good condition...TNND says he's only got less than 100 hrs on this guy...
rs1smile.gif

Mar 30, 2007 at 8:47 PM Post #8 of 10
The old RS-1 and RS-2 do not have numbers and are also darker than the newer ones. Consider yourself lucky!

Mar 30, 2007 at 9:02 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by rb67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The old RS-1 and RS-2 do not have numbers and are also darker than the newer ones. Consider yourself lucky!

thats my understanding as well... they started serial numbering them some time after production start.

Mar 31, 2007 at 6:31 AM Post #10 of 10
Just took some photos...but don't have a CF card reader...I'll upload the photos and do a small impression soon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back