RS-1 and MS-Pro! They have the same specs!
Apr 1, 2006 at 2:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

cheechoz

Headphoneus Supremus
I ordered a pair of MS-Pros last week, unfortunately, I have to wait at least 3 weeks for the new shipment to come in! I was checking out the specs on both the RS-1, and MS-Pro, and they are identical. Is it safe to say that they both use the same drivers!

When I spoke to the Alessandro rep, he said that Grado will be shipping them to Alessandro in about 3 weeks. That tells me that they are put together at Grado Labs, but what actually does Alessandro do to them to justify a change in sound?
rs1smile.gif

Apr 1, 2006 at 3:30 PM Post #3 of 12
Yes, different drivers, after the RS-1 drivers have been tuned to Alessandro specs! I can't see using anything less than the RS-1 driver, since your paying the same price!
wink.gif

Apr 1, 2006 at 4:03 PM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheechoz
Yes, different drivers, after the RS-1 drivers have been tuned to Alessandro specs! I can't see using anything less than the RS-1 driver, since your paying the same price!
wink.gif

Well maybe we'll just have to hear the differences ourselves to come to that conclusion.

Wooden Grado Minimeet!

Apr 1, 2006 at 4:25 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatko
Yes, i think all RS1s and MSPROs are made from the same factory, the Grado Lab.

Are the drivers actually made by Grado Labs though, or does Grado special order them? I mean, I feel like we'd know if Grado drivers were ever used anywhere else... people would be all over them.

Apr 1, 2006 at 4:35 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
Are the drivers actually made by Grado Labs though, or does Grado special order them? I mean, I feel like we'd know if Grado drivers were ever used anywhere else... people would be all over them.

thats a Grado secret, that only John knows for sure.... Supposedly they wind the coils on their own bobbin tooling and "treat" the driver diaphragms in-house.

Not sure where they mold the housings or the diaphragms are pressed?

Garrett

Apr 1, 2006 at 4:40 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
thats a Grado secret, that only John knows for sure.... Supposedly they wind the coils on their own bobbin tooling and "treat" the driver diaphragms in-house.

Not sure where they mold the housings or the diaphragms are pressed?

Garrett

Hmmm. *puts on ninja suit*

I'll head down the street and let you know.

Apr 1, 2006 at 8:54 PM Post #11 of 12
Yeh, I'm going to have to get on the train and take a ride to Brooklyn, I just have to see how they do things over there, maybe their looking for a late night cleaning man!
very_evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 3, 2006 at 2:31 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by tony4563
hey mercuttio...whats happened to your ms-2's? I see they've been replaced in your signiture by RS-1's.

Something magical happened to them!
rs1smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back