Royskopp - The Understanding
Feb 25, 2006 at 3:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

mysticaldodo

1000+ Head-Fier
Opinions on these album?

I demoed the cd in my local retail shop. The music seems worth exploring and I already like 1 song prior. I checked them out after managing to catch the MTV for 'What Else is There' on satellite.

I demo several cds but found the sound on the Royskopp album to be very harsh sounding almost to the point of being unlistenable. I based this on my comparison on the other cds I've tested which are a mixture of jazz, pop and Senegal. Is the sound quality that bad? It kind of reminds me of listening experience with Madonna's Hung Up through the RS-1.

The other bad thing it is a copy control cd
plainface.gif

Feb 26, 2006 at 1:33 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by mysticaldodo
Opinions on these album?

I demoed the cd in my local retail shop. The music seems worth exploring and I already like 1 song prior. I checked them out after managing to catch the MTV for 'What Else is There' on satellite.

I demo several cds but found the sound on the Royskopp album to be very harsh sounding almost to the point of being unlistenable. I based this on my comparison on the other cds I've tested which are a mixture of jazz, pop and Senegal. Is the sound quality that bad? It kind of reminds me of listening experience with Madonna's Hung Up through the RS-1.

The other bad thing it is a copy control cd
plainface.gif

Meh, the bad SQ might be because of copy protection. The first album of theirs isn't harsh, but its not too good-sounding either. Royksopp was a huge letdown for me when I saw them live.

Mar 1, 2006 at 4:14 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by drminky
This album was a huge letdown.. get Melody AM..on vinyl..loose yourself in analogue bliss and never look back!
icon10.gif

No it wasn't. Not as good as Melody A.M but still very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back