Royal Shakespeare Company: Coriolanus
Mar 8, 2003 at 12:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

neil

500+ Head-Fier
Yesterday evening my wife and I went to the University of Michigan's Power Center to watch the University Musical Society's special presentation of the Royal Shakespeare Company performing Coriolanus. This was Shakespeare's last Roman tragedy.

Lets begin by saying that I have not attended a Shakespeare play before, so my mind was wide open. And boy, did we enjoy ourselves. The actors were fantastic. I first heard about the RSC being in Ann Arbor when listening to NPR. They interviewed one of the actors named Richard Cordery (he played the the Senator Menenius). This man gave a great interview and I was sold. Little did I know that my wife was going to surprise me with balcony tickets to a performance only a few days later.

I'd go into the story, but rather than do that -- you can read the program for yourself here, and click over to page #8 if you're that interested.

Anyone else enjoy plays? Shakespeare? Ever see the RSC? I'd love to see the Merry Wives of Windsor this Sunday -- same cast! How cool would that be. Anyhow.. gotta run.

Mar 8, 2003 at 12:56 AM Post #2 of 2
Odd you should post this now, there is a big shakespeare festival here this upcoming week. Tempest, Taming of The Shrew, and some other lesser know plays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back