Rotel RA-971MKII headphone out
Jan 14, 2011 at 6:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

explicitcorp

New Head-Fier
Hello, I have a Rotel RA-971MKII amp and when I connect headphones to it the speakers stay on.  I got it used and it has been doing this since the beginning.  Is this normal or does this baby need service?

Its kinda hard to enjoy some music quietly when the speakers are going as well as my headphones!

Jan 15, 2011 at 5:23 AM Post #2 of 4
I'm not sure, but a mute circuit may not be standard for CDPlayers, while they are for preamps/integrated amps. My Marantz doesn't do that either, but it's great for comparing my SR225 straight out of it vs another can with the Little Dot MkII. I had a Technics power amp before, but my cans are always on the preamp because it won't mute there either.

Jan 15, 2011 at 6:42 PM Post #3 of 4
  I have a Rotel RA-930 ax mkII that's probably about the same vintage as your 971 and the manual for that says that when using headphones you either have to disconnect the speaker cables from the direct speaker outputs, or if you use headphones a lot you should use the remote speaker outputs that are switchable on and off from the remote speaker switch next to the power button.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back