Rose Technology Discussion & Impressions Thread
Feb 27, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #826 of 1,255
I've skimmed the thread and not seen this comparison yet -- has anyone heard both the Cappuccino Mk2 and the Dunu 2002? Both are similarly priced and 2DD + 2BA so I'm wondering how similar they sound. I had the Dunu 2000j which I enjoy but I'd like to upgrade and the Capp2's bass is really very appealing.

Feb 28, 2017 at 12:21 AM Post #827 of 1,255
Regarding the Capp MK2's crossover switch. I asked penon about this to clarify if there should be any change in the bass or not.

When I asked if the switch should have any effect on the bass:
 I am glad to tell you that the switch changes the high frequency, maybe in case you are not very sensitive to high frequency, this switch is mainly to change the UHF sound pressure above 7000 Hz, many people are not sensitive to this frequency band, it is better to use foam eatips.

Feb 28, 2017 at 6:18 PM Post #829 of 1,255
  Guys, will you recommend Rose BR5?
Searching for a transparent IEM for around $300

I think only 2 or 3 people have heard BR5, one of them didn't like it, one lost theirs before concrete impressions made, and the last guy thought they were nice for the price bracket but nothing amazing.

It doesn't help that there is a newer revision of the BR5 out now that no ones heard, it supposedly has a more robust bass and smoother mids, which were issues on the original, it retains a smooth treble, if you like cymbal crashes then this won't be your thing, if you like non-fatiguing treble and balanced mids+ bass then give the BR5 a go.

These are some impressions comparing the new and old BR5: http://ameblo.jp/nyanpire-chu/entry-12194328940.html

I have IT03 which is a pretty transparent iem around that price point so I look forward to comparing it to my incoming custom BR5 with boosted treble and bass 
L3000.gif

Feb 28, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #832 of 1,255

I'm more excited to see how they look than they sound, transparent body, carbon fiber face plate, gold rose logo mounted diagonal along the side. HAWT. lol

That is no joke what I was going to have my Kumitate CIEM look like before i finally decided i wanted a universal IEM. Post pix when you get em bro :D

Feb 28, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #834 of 1,255
Kumitate has some really cool looking faceplates, though. Why the change of heart?

The only reason I didn't go for them wasn't even the crazy high price, it was that they refused to make a universal IEM. They strictly only do CIEM. The tour ones I tried were in universal IEM shells and I thought the fit was perfect, I would have been heartbroken if I didn't like the feeling of a CIEM and wasn't willing to put down nearly $2k to not know if I'd like CIEM,

i still plan to revisit it if i ever go for a cheaper CIEM first to see if that's the style I'm after. I was worried it would feel too strange to me, or sound different than the universal shell model.

The KL-REF is still the best IEM i have heard in my life, and I couldn't even try half the CIEM samples they sent out because the IEM nozzle alone would be bigger than the size tips i could fit in my lil ears 
frown.gif

Feb 28, 2017 at 9:05 PM Post #835 of 1,255
The only reason I didn't go for them wasn't even the crazy high price, it was that they refused to make a universal IEM. They strictly only do CIEM. The tour ones I tried were in universal IEM shells and I thought the fit was perfect, I would have been heartbroken if I didn't like the feeling of a CIEM and wasn't willing to put down nearly $2k to not know if I'd like CIEM,

i still plan to revisit it if i ever go for a cheaper CIEM first to see if that's the style I'm after. I was worried it would feel too strange to me, or sound different than the universal shell model.

The KL-REF is still the best IEM i have heard in my life, and I couldn't even try half the CIEM samples they sent out because the IEM nozzle alone would be bigger than the size tips i could fit in my lil ears :frowning2:

Ditto.

Feb 28, 2017 at 11:05 PM Post #837 of 1,255
Aurora is really nice value for money, I must say. Nearly quarter passed since I received it and still I like to use it from time to time. Soo good for rhytmic music. Not all-rounder though imo.

Mar 1, 2017 at 6:08 AM Post #839 of 1,255
  Aurora review =)

http://www.head-fi.org/products/rose-aurora/reviews/18121

Nice review. Mostly agree with it.

I am among those who use it for some albums and bands, but with them it is unspeakably good (Fitz and the Tantrums, Pegboard Nerds, Shahmen, Dance with the Dead and others). Yeah, I do not always like bass to be strong and overwhelming, not when it should stay put 
wink.gif

I guess my tastes lie somewhere between your's and Cinder's 
biggrin.gif

p.s. I should note that mine came with different cable and only 1 pair of tips. Ordered by HCK in October '16. Not a problem, though as I swapped the cable anyway.

Mar 1, 2017 at 6:22 AM Post #840 of 1,255
Oh damn dude! I had no idea you heard that one too! :eek:

I hope your Mini's show up soon bro! I'm so tempted to get one. I'm just holding off for your review honestly! I'm fully in love with my Aurora.

I've got to listen to most of the models when I was in Japan. But I just didn't have the funds, either way. Just enough for some ****ty omiyage. :biggrin:
The Minis are currently undergoing customs inspection. Can't be all that long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back