Rooth-Null Audio Elpis 2-drivers hybrid custom IEM
Apr 21, 2013 at 10:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 122

kaixax555

Headphoneus Supremus
This morning I woke up and I saw this

http://store.treoo.com/main/rooth-null-audio-elpis-2-drivers-hybrid-custom-in-ear-monitor.html#.UXSaNcpWVp4

The price is astonishing especially for the preorder... 200SGD (equivalent to 160USD), which I believe is really cheap for a custom, particularly a dual driver.

Anyone wants to jump in and take the bait?

Apr 21, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #3 of 122
I like how cheap it is, but right now it is difficult for me to execute that "leap of faith" for that custom when the graph looks worrying

Apr 21, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #5 of 122
Quote:
care to explain ? how do we read the graphs? (i mean i dont know when there should be peaks and when should there not be)

I am not an expert of graphs, but if the graph is to be believed, it has a v-shaped signature similar to the TF10 I believe, since the graph seems to point at a dip in the midrange

However, lets not jump into conclusions too quickly, and believe our leap of faith is right

Apr 22, 2013 at 1:33 AM Post #8 of 122
Apr 22, 2013 at 7:41 AM Post #9 of 122
Did you all check the extra bassport option? and also I'm most likely getting the universal version instead of the custom one. Also, can you find any review or unboxing on this product? Thanks.

Apr 22, 2013 at 8:01 AM Post #10 of 122
Quote:
Did you all check the extra bassport option? and also I'm most likely getting the universal version instead of the custom one. Also, can you find any review or unboxing on this product? Thanks.

Its completely new hence the special price. And I ordered one with bass port, at most i'll use it as a sport iem, and use lune cable with something else :p

Apr 29, 2013 at 5:36 AM Post #15 of 122
Had a brief audition of the elpis demo (Non-vented version), first impressions, WOW for those of you who have bought it at 199, it was a steal firstly. Bass is prominent and has the typical characteristic of the bass of a dynamic driver, bass is looser than that of a balanced armature. Mids were clean and present, treble was also good but its a smooth kind of treble. FOR ITS PRICE of 199, ITS A STEAL :D. I sadly only had 5 minutes with the demo version but nevertheless i was impressed :D. BTW its really bassy IMHO without the vent :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back