Roon Moderators Blocking Complaints
Mar 8, 2023 at 1:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

gammi

500+ Head-Fier
I've been trying to comment on this:
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/help-with-daily-usage/236368/8
four times now and each time my comment is denied.

I'm trying to say I agree and there should be a simple favorite button rather than the 4 step process currently
1) add to library
2) go to album
3) favorite
4) return to your playlist

It's shameful they're blocking people from voicing their opinion on this. I can find threads back as far as 2019 requesting this yet they still refuse and won't even let me discuss it. Currently considering canceling my subscription.

The mod (Rugby) even commented on another thread of mine boasting that he blocked yet another one of my comments (which he has now smartly deleted)
Edit: I canceled. I already didn't like how Roon handled favorites, the mod's behavior was just the push I needed. I'll use Qobuz + HQPlayer going forward and have one less subscription to pay for.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2023 at 6:30 PM Post #2 of 2
Roon forums have always been garbage, this is nothing new. Their general dismissive attitude of any kind of negative feedback (and the cult that gangs up on anyone that disagrees with the all holy roon way), their change to requiring an always-on internet connection, and their price increase all caused me to cancel my subscription.

I'm glad HQPlayer + Qobuz is working will for you, stick with it if you're happy with it. I switched to LMS and it does pretty much everything Roon does, but is free and sound better! Roon bridge's sound quality was always one of my complaints with Roon and was something that Roon simply didn't want to hear about. LMS sounds better and works perfectly with HQPlayer embedded's UPNP support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back