rookie asks for help!Kenwood D9 or IPC&amp?
Apr 13, 2008 at 3:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

chineseyang

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone!

This is my first thread here, and I'm now facing a difficult choice here

Just as the title, I wanna pick up a better between the two.As I know the new iPod classic is not easily to be modified as the old generations.

I want to spend money on only a kenwood D9 and nothing else, OR an iPod classic and an amplification which costs about the half price as the iPod classic, such as the Chinese STB4

So wolud sb give me some advices?

Which one will sound more musical(I don't know how to translate that, I mean which one has more emotion or affection rather than just digital sound)?

Which of the two has the better SQ(just from SQ and ignore the musical feelings the sound can bring to me)?

Thanks!

^_^

Apr 14, 2008 at 1:24 AM Post #4 of 7
Kenwood GD9 have got a wonderful SQ but it hiss too much with IEM for me and a lot of owners.
If I want to use it with mine, I must use a Shure hissbuster like this :
site_img_us_pa_ea650_m.jpg

For example with Ety ER4/S or B, you don't have this hissing problem.

Apr 14, 2008 at 4:27 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by KromaXamorK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kenwood GD9 have got a wonderful SQ but it hiss too much with IEM for me and a lot of owners.
If I want to use it with mine, I must use a Shure hissbuster like this :
site_img_us_pa_ea650_m.jpg

For example with Ety ER4/S or B, you don't have this hissing problem.

Will the hiss problem be solved with headphone? By using the hissbuster, does it effect the sound quality in detail? Thanks.

Apr 14, 2008 at 5:04 AM Post #6 of 7
It works like a resistance improving the headphone's impedance due to the volume meter (on the hissbuster also called volume attenuator by Shure) so you can adjust hiss trouble according to your headphone without changing the sound quality.
First you make a setting to remove only the hiss (this setting is very low in fact) and after you can use your DAP's volume meter as usual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back