Romantic place near Los Angeles?
May 29, 2004 at 5:06 AM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wodgy
Does she have any food preferences? If you're going to talk to her before Saturday, it would be courteous to ask. Be offhand and breezy, not indecisive, e.g. "how does Italian sound?" not "what kind of place would you like to eat at?"
-snip-

If you know she's coming to your place, you could also cook her dinner. Women love that. It's naturally romantic without the "try hard" vibe,.......

If she's staying over, you'll at least need to whip up something for breakfast anyway, so have some decent breakfast ingredients in the fridge.....

Wodgy is the MAN! I guess I know who to ask next time I need some romance advice.
280smile.gif

May 29, 2004 at 7:48 AM Post #17 of 24
Heh, sometimes I'm glad I'm married, like when I see the drama alluded to in this thread. OTOH, my wife and I have been married four years and only lived together for one, the rest of the time we've been living on opposite coasts. It does take the sting out of the whole "You left the toothpaste cap off arguments."
biggrin.gif

May 30, 2004 at 2:09 AM Post #18 of 24
Well I hope this isn't too late... Make her a candle lit dinner at your place. Have her come to you and have everything set up ahead of time. It should play out something like this... She walks up to the door and finds a red envelope on white rose petals on the door step addressed to her. The card inside should give her instructions to let herself in and where to go once inside. If you have a decent amount of distance/hall ways between the doorway and the dining area, you can have single roses laying next to tea candles at stratigic places leading her there. If not, just an end table inside with a single rose in a bud vase and a tea candle will continue to set the right mood. Use red or lavender roses. It's best if you have no lights on, just candles placed between the door and the dining area. The dining table should be covered in a white table cloth. In the center should be a round clear glass bowl approx 1-1/2" deep filled with water. Inside the bowl you should have sewn 3-5 red carnations (cut them at the base of the flower) together. If you've done it right, they'll float and look very pretty. Around that should be white tea candles (probably 4 will do) on small candle dishes. If you want more light, add two 4" white candles in 3-4" glass/crystal candle abras. A white sparkly ribbon laced around the center piece and candles will be a nice touch but play with it, if you can't get it to look right ditch it. If you know what she likes (and know how to make it) make that, otherwise do a simple salad with a vinigerette dressing (chill the plates) and a spaggetti. If you need help with a good spaggetti sauce recepe pm me and I'll write one up. Serve with red wine at room temp and french bread. Before hand you should also burn a CD that you can have playing softly with romantic classical music. Have a second CD (maybe romantic jazz) ready to go if the romatic mood continues. Have candles ready in your bedroom in case things go that direction.

I hope you like my idea and that it's not too late. If it is, maybe you can use it another time. PM me if you have any questions.

You should be dressed in evening wear. Slacks, shirt and tie at minimum, a jacket would be good to but not absolutely necessary, let her know to come well dressed as well.

May 31, 2004 at 9:06 AM Post #20 of 24
rolleyes.gif

...well, hmmm..................

i did end up making a reservation at Parkway Grill for Saturday @ 8:00. and i did end up canceling it.

it turns out that the day we were to meet, she got her dream job: she gets to edit a movie. but, the bad part is that she has to do it in Taiwan. so she left that day. will be back in 2 months.

sad sad story.

that's the story of my life... (this is not the first time something extraordinary happens between me and a would-be relationship. make it like the 20th time...)

May 31, 2004 at 9:17 AM Post #21 of 24
That sucks, dude!

But, hey, she'll be back -- and hungry for American food!

May 31, 2004 at 10:06 AM Post #23 of 24
shutters on the beach in santa monica. 10-20 min from downtown LA depending on traffic. intimate hotel with great rooms, 2 person tubs, and so close to the beach u can hear the waves from ur room

May 31, 2004 at 5:39 PM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orpheus
rolleyes.gif

...well, hmmm..................

i did end up making a reservation at Parkway Grill for Saturday @ 8:00. and i did end up canceling it.

it turns out that the day we were to meet, she got her dream job: she gets to edit a movie. but, the bad part is that she has to do it in Taiwan. so she left that day. will be back in 2 months.

sad sad story.

that's the story of my life... (this is not the first time something extraordinary happens between me and a would-be relationship. make it like the 20th time...)

WOW!!! That really sucks!!! I hope everything works out...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back