romantic music recommendations
Oct 9, 2006 at 8:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

harkamus

500+ Head-Fier
I need some of the aforementioned. I haven't a clue. Nothing oldies. No 60s/70s stuff. No Barry White. No indecent stuff like the "Sexual Healing" song.

Let's keep 'em coming.

Vielen dank and much thanks.

Oct 9, 2006 at 8:49 PM Post #2 of 8
Sade nuff said
cool.gif

Oct 10, 2006 at 1:59 AM Post #4 of 8
Keep 'em coming. Those two were good so far. Anything else? Although, Armik is about as far as I wanna go with that style music. Not sure what to call it.

EDIT: Oh yeah, it just have to have that kind of romantic vibe. It doesn't have to be classified as romantic. For example: Holly Brook's cd Like Blood Like Honey. I happen to think she has some appropriate music.

Oct 11, 2006 at 4:11 PM Post #5 of 8
Well in addition to Sade...

Try some of the old crooners:

Frank Sinatra
Nat "King" Cole
Dean Martin
etc.

There's also some great stuff from the early 90's:

Boyz II Men
Az Yet
All 4 One
Color Me Badd
Kenny G
Amy Grant
Blessid Union of Souls
Brian Adams
Celine Dion (although most of her stuff got seriously over played)
Collective Soul (there's some great stuff on their "Hints Allegations & Things Left Unsaid" album)
Jodeci/K-Ci & Jojo
Mariah Carey
Shai

There was a ton of love songs/romantic music in the 80's:

Lionell Richie
Elton John
Gloria Estefan
Kenny Rogers
Peter Cetera (this guy put out some awesome stuff, check the lyrics to "Last Place God Made", "Have You Ever Been in Love", and "Dip Your Wings", along with his more famous "Glory of Love".

Then there's country music (there's way too much to mention, but here are some of my favorite artists):

Garth Brooks
George Strait
Trisha Yearwood
Lee Ann Womack
Martina McBride
Tim McGraw
Leann Rimes has some pretty good stuff on the "This Woman" album.
Shania Twain
Deana Carter

...more current stuff:

Norah Jones
Diana Krall
Sarah McLachlan
Josh Groban
Katie Melua
Michael Buble

Oct 11, 2006 at 6:03 PM Post #6 of 8
Jack Johnson has some feel-good love songs that are romantic and goofy at the same time. Look into Bubble Toes, Banana Pancakes, Better Together, or Wrong Turn. These are just individual songs that came to me off the top of my head. His albums are all great for listening with a significant other.

Hawksley Workman has a fantastic song that I love to listen to with my girlfriend...it's called Future Language of Slaves, off Lover/Fighter. Also, off the same album, No Reason to Cry Your Eyes Out (On the Highway Tonight) is moving. In a more personal note for myself, I always find myself immensley moved by Safe and Sound, off For Him and the Girls.

Collective Soul has Under Heaven's Skies, Crown, Satellite, How Do You Love?, All, or Over Tokyo. The acoustic versions of some of these songs (found on From the Ground Up) are worthy of a spin.

And, for me, the quintissential love song, Aerosmith - I Don't Want to Miss a Thing.

Oct 11, 2006 at 8:22 PM Post #7 of 8
Oct 11, 2006 at 8:36 PM Post #8 of 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back