Romantic Dinner with Headphones ???
May 24, 2004 at 1:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 78

kaitsuburi

Head-Fier
Now, I know this is kind of absurd, but I just thought of it reading the speakers vs. headphones thread below.

You know the situation: nice smooth red wine, home-cooked filet with mushrooms, low lights, perhaps even candles, and Brad Mehldau or some nice low-key jazz on a warm analogue-sounding stereo system.

Now, imagine the exact same situation, but instead of the "warm analogue-sounding stereo system" you substitute a supernice headphone amp with two outs and two pairs of supernice cans ~ one of you, one for your companion.

Given this situation, what would be your choice of amp & headphones?

biggrin.gif

-kaitsuburi

May 24, 2004 at 1:22 PM Post #2 of 78
Any wireless phones will do. Seriously, unless you live in apartment with noise sensitive neighbors or just put your kids to bed, I don't think using headphone will be consider romantic by most of female (although we have some female head-fiers).

May 24, 2004 at 1:32 PM Post #3 of 78
IMO, it would screw up the whole meaning of background music. The social nature of things would be seriously disrupted. Best stick to speakers. Besides, are you gonna be paying attention to the music or the girl??? I should hope the later, lest you be a normal human being
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

May 24, 2004 at 1:44 PM Post #5 of 78
LOL! This sounds like one of Al Bundy's kind of ideas...
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif
Let's just say that if you're looking to win over the heart of a beautiful lady, a meal wearing headphones is unlikely to get you the results you're looking for; in fact, if I were that lady I'd probably never speak to you again...

Now, equipment..
wink.gif
Let's assume that you're the guy and I'm the lady and you're asking me to pick my amp and headphones of choice from the many on the table in front of me. Which ones would I pick? The ones that I could hurt you the most with......
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

May 24, 2004 at 2:02 PM Post #7 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaitsuburi
Given this situation, what would be your choice of amp & headphones?

Depending on the company, Etymotics

May 24, 2004 at 2:19 PM Post #9 of 78
Japan has really small apartments. I don't know how thin the walls are.

There are also interesting fetishes there
biggrin.gif

I would recommend open headphones BUT you have to make sure they're comfortable when you eat. I know that if I snack with my K1000s it starts to hurt my head. They should be able to be comfortable during movement and flexible so the cord shouldn't be too stiff.

Other than that I don't know....

May 24, 2004 at 2:29 PM Post #10 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlowWorm
There is a TIME and PLACE for listening to headphones my friend, but the scenario you describe is not either one of them.
plainface.gif

I know, I know, it's a veery hypotetical situation (LOL), but imagine you are dating (another) headphone freak; it's not totally unthinkable, especially when you are already past a certain stage and melted all the ice, etc... You know, like a geeky sort of guy I know who plays LAN games with his girlfriend (also a geeky sort of girl)....

Please share, what's your vision of a "romantic" headphone
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

(I'm a newbie, but I'd go for STAX sound and AT looks ...)

-kaitsuburi

May 24, 2004 at 2:30 PM Post #11 of 78
OK, here's another angle on this: if you are going to eat dinner with a female who's voice annoys you so much you need to wear headphones in order to make it, then I think you should both be equipped with the following:

Singlepower_SDS.jpg

Precide_Ergo_Model_1.jpg

I really just don't see the point in doing this by halves and by the end of the dinner she will probably have got the hint, too...problem solved...
lach_3.gif

May 24, 2004 at 2:39 PM Post #13 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipodstudio
OK, here's another angle on this: if you are going to eat dinner with a female who's voice annoys you so much you need to wear headphones in order to make it, then I think you should both be equipped with the following:

[IMG]

I really just don't see the point in doing this by halves and by the end of the dinner she will probably have got the hint, too...problem solved...[/i]
[/td] [/tr] [/table]

ROFLMAO [img]http://www.head-fi.org/forums/images/smilies/http://hfimage.head-fi.org/icons/icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
Yep, that'd do the job! You could strategically place it between you and her and duck down so she only sees the headband of your cans!

-kaitsuburi

May 24, 2004 at 2:46 PM Post #14 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaitsuburi
ROFLMAO
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
Yep, that'd do the job! You could strategically place it between you and her and duck down so she only sees the headband of your cans!

-kaitsuburi

Yep, and on the headband you could write the words: "GO HOME!" just in case she's really thick-skinned....
biggrin.gif
lach_3.gif

May 24, 2004 at 2:50 PM Post #15 of 78
Quote:

null said...

Yeah. Definately the ATH-L3000. SMOOOOTH...

Hey, just tell her you're trying to coordinate w/ your leather jacket. Bonus points if you're also wearing leather pants.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back