Rollover and popup advertising is getting out of hand and obtrusive.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 30, 2015 at 10:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

IceClass

Headphoneus Supremus
I just had a fight with a rollover ad for Doctor Pepper. I only needed to literally move my cursor across the ad for a full page ad to appear totally obscuring the head-fi content I was seeking to enjoy.

This ad couldnt be closed down with a usual click in the box marked with an X.There was no such box. In fact, anywhere I attempted to click - whether on the ad or in the margins - forced me to open another page on the Dr Pepper site.

This is getting out of hand and unacceptable.

Sep 9, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #2 of 4
  I just had a fight with a rollover ad for Doctor Pepper. I only needed to literally move my cursor across the ad for a full page ad to appear totally obscuring the head-fi content I was seeking to enjoy.

This ad couldnt be closed down with a usual click in the box marked with an X.There was no such box. In fact, anywhere I attempted to click - whether on the ad or in the margins - forced me to open another page on the Dr Pepper site.

This is getting out of hand and unacceptable.

If you are using Chrome, press Shift+esc to open the task manager where you can quickly end the process of this page so it will stop anything from happening like that.  This is also useful in case you meet up with a bad popup link to some bad site that asks you to click "okay" or something.  Just exit that page so you don't get a virus or anything.

Sep 11, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #3 of 4
redface.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back