Rolling Stones SACDs
Nov 4, 2002 at 2:13 PM Post #46 of 49
bkelly, if you put a hybrid disc into the Sony SCD-CE775 you can choose to play either the Redbook or the SACD tracks. You can also choose between multichannel and stereo SACD, if those options are available. I assume most SACD players work this way.

I don't have much to compare to, but the Redbook playback on the SCD-CE775 seems pretty decent. It should considering it uses the same DAC and almost all the same components as the ES line.

kerely

Nov 4, 2002 at 2:43 PM Post #47 of 49
Quote:

Originally posted by kerelybonto
bkelly, if you put a hybrid disc into the Sony SCD-CE775 you can choose to play either the Redbook or the SACD tracks. You can also choose between multichannel and stereo SACD, if those options are available. I assume most SACD players work this way.

I don't have much to compare to, but the Redbook playback on the SCD-CE775 seems pretty decent. It should considering it uses the same DAC and almost all the same components as the ES line.

kerely

I never even realized that you can do this. Thanks, kerely.

I agree that redbook on the 775 is good. I've read so many comments, though, either way, but to my ears it sounds good.

Nov 4, 2002 at 5:01 PM Post #48 of 49
Yeah, I just want to compare the two formats. When I heard the Sony unit in the store I was really very impressed with the quality and I would just like to check out the difference. We spent about 5 minute clistening to peioces of sevral CD's and I was prettty impressed with how un-digital it sounded evern on CD's cut entirely in digital. What's everyone's aopinion about that?

FCJ,

If you or anybody else has any recomendations about any of the current players I'd love to hear about them.

Best
Brian

Nov 4, 2002 at 5:13 PM Post #49 of 49
Quote:

Originally posted by bkelly
I was prettty impressed with how un-digital it sounded evern on CD's cut entirely in digital. What's everyone's aopinion about that?

FCJ,

If you or anybody else has any recomendations about any of the current players I'd love to hear about them.

Best
Brian

Brian,

Yes, SACDs do sound more "analog" than digital. Just think, it's taken almost 20 years to get back to a format that's over 75 years old....

I have two Sony players--the NS500 and the CE775. Both excel at SACD, and their redbook is pretty good, too. However, check the "Source" postings for a new Philips that looks really promising (DVD963SA).

Frank

Users who are viewing this thread

Back