Roland Super UA
Nov 19, 2019 at 1:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

FullBright1

Headphoneus Supremus
Sometimes a fantastic piece of Audiophile gear lands, and leaves, and noone knew it.
Such is the case with this discontinued Dac-Headphone amp by Roland Pro Line.
Its very good.
Articulate, detailed, accurate.
I can't think of a better sounding Pro-Gear, that offers such quality of sound, for not that much money.
And the Volume knob..... Its is wonderful. Smooth, accurate, small increments.

Its first call,.... is actually designed to be a Studio Interface, for making-tracking music. Yet, the Headphone amp is just KILLER.
And thats why im telling you.
May be difficult to find, but, if you can and want one..... you'll like it a lot.
I love it.

-
Here is more..:
-

AUDIOPHILE-GRADE INTERFACE FOR MAC AND PC
The Super UA combines audiophile sound, premium build quality and low latency performance in a next-generation audio interface for Mac and PC. With native support for both 1-bit DSD and 32-bit PCM playback, the Super UA is the state-of-the-art in fidelity. And its modular design, sculpted controls, and all-metal construction make it a pleasure to use and beautiful to behold.
-
  • Audiophile sound quality with 1-bit DSD and 32-bit PCM playback
  • Four inputs and four outputs with XLR and 1/4-inch connectors
  • Die-cast metal construction with simple, solid controls and smooth metering
  • Includes 1/4-inch and 1/8-inch jacks for headphones
  • Flexible design allows for mobile use without having to disconnect studio mics and monitors
  • Large multi-function knob and recessed, illuminated buttons provide quick access to input and output levels
  • Clean, quiet operation with stunning clarity and dynamic range
  • Low-latency ASIO and Core Audio drivers
Hear it here.....

-
DSC_0095.JPG

-
DSC_0096.JPG

-
DSC_0103.JPG

-
DSC_0098.JPG

-
DSC_0100.JPG

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #2 of 10
Nice one, @FullBright1,

Definitely interesting.
I remember seeing this a while back though never sprung for one.
You got me intrigued enough to see if I can hunt on down out of curiosity. :)

By the way, a head amp you might be interested in I just got hold of...March Audio HPA-1.
Definitely outclasses the RNHP as my reference amp which is no small thing.
Unfortunately, there is no official listing on the site as I got the details at an audio show earlier in the year but feel free to contact Alan at March Audio for more info.

Hope you have a great day !

Nov 27, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #3 of 10
Nice one, @FullBright1,

Definitely interesting.
I remember seeing this a while back though never sprung for one.
You got me intrigued enough to see if I can hunt on down out of curiosity. :)

By the way, a head amp you might be interested in I just got hold of...March Audio HPA-1.
Definitely outclasses the RNHP as my reference amp which is no small thing.
Unfortunately, there is no official listing on the site as I got the details at an audio show earlier in the year but feel free to contact Alan at March Audio for more info.

Yes, the Roland sounds very good. Much too good for the money.
The HPA-1, is a lot of money.
Its also very pretty, very nice looking gear.
Thanks for the info.

Nov 27, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #4 of 10
No problem, @FullBright1,

Roland Pro gear is great, never owned any but have used a lot of them, especially their keyboards for tape emulation...that was a long time ago though :)

Happy to suggest though HPA-1 is average $300 USD after exchange, it's actually cheapter than RNHP, that includes international shipping but you never know, it might be at an audio show or Canjam near you one day.

Nov 27, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #5 of 10
No problem, @FullBright1,

Roland Pro gear is great, never owned any but have used a lot of them, especially their keyboards for tape emulation...that was a long time ago though :)

Happy to suggest though HPA-1 is average $300 USD after exchange, it's actually cheapter than RNHP, that includes international shipping but you never know, it might be at an audio show or Canjam near you one day.

Are you talking about this? As if i can get this for $300, show me how, and i'll buy 10...:)
-
-

TWeb_PASS-HPA-2.jpg

-
""""A $3,500 headphone amp with free preamp or vice versa?

Rather than bore you with audiophile cliché after cliché, let’s break it down. The Pass HPA-1 is on the top tier of the world’s finest headphone amplifiers, regardless of cost, end of story. If you can live with the single-ended functionality and a single output, you’ll have a tough time getting better sound anywhere. It is an expensive headphone amplifier, but delivers the goods. If you are only looking for a headphone amplifier, this is the top of the heap.

As the control center of a minimalist hifi system, it offers performance far beyond what you’d expect to get from a $3,500 linestage,"""

-
-

Nov 27, 2019 at 8:53 PM Post #6 of 10
Hi @FullBright1,

I said March Audio HPA-1, not Pass Labs HPA-1, can't get Pass Labs where I am, not easily or for a good price anyway.

If I could get even one PA HPA-1 for the average $300 USD then yeah, I consider 10 too though that be a stretch, there are certainly other combos of things for that price, not just the PA HPA-1 & I would have to audio the hell out of it to fork over the Ready at any rate.
This is one reason why I was saying it offers petter performance & sonics than RNHP for a similar price.

The HPA-1 I'm talking about can be found here, https://www.marchaudio.net.au, scroll down near the bottom of the page

There is quite a bit of gear in the mid & high end in both hifi & head gear which isn't readily available where I am which is more than annoying, not to mention if it is, usually 1.8 x more.

Hope this clears things up & you have a great day !

Nov 29, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #7 of 10
Hi @FullBright1,

I said March Audio HPA-1, not Pass Labs HPA-1, can't get Pass Labs where I am, not easily or for a good price anyway.

If I could get even one PA HPA-1 for the average $300 USD then yeah, I consider 10 too though that be a stretch, there are certainly other combos of things for that price, not just the PA HPA-1 & I would have to audio the hell out of it to fork over the Ready at any rate.
This is one reason why I was saying it offers petter performance & sonics than RNHP for a similar price.

The HPA-1 I'm talking about can be found here, https://www.marchaudio.net.au, scroll down near the bottom of the page

There is quite a bit of gear in the mid & high end in both hifi & head gear which isn't readily available where I am which is more than annoying, not to mention if it is, usually 1.8 x more.

Hope this clears things up & you have a great day !

Thank you for the information....:)

Jan 6, 2022 at 11:25 AM Post #9 of 10
I have this very same interface since 2017 and I can confirm confirm everything written here.

I actually work with it.

I also have the little brother, the Mobile UA which retains the same sound translation and resolution, but the amp is not as powerful. That being said it works amazingly with the ER4S/ER4SR.

For those interested in the smaller brother:

http://archimago.blogspot.com/2020/04/measurements-roland-mobile-ua-m10-dac.html

Jan 6, 2022 at 11:35 AM Post #10 of 10
I have this very same interface since 2017 and I can confirm confirm everything written here.

I actually work with it.

I also have the little brother, the Mobile UA which retains the same sound translation and resolution, but the amp is not as powerful. That being said it works amazingly with the ER4S/ER4SR.

For those interested in the smaller brother:

http://archimago.blogspot.com/2020/04/measurements-roland-mobile-ua-m10-dac.html

Its a good sounding gear. Both the small Desktop version, and the travel friendly size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back