Roland Micro Cube Amp?
Apr 25, 2008 at 2:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, I currently have an Epiphone g310 sg and am in the beginner status. I have an Ashton ga 10 amp which I bought for $40 AUD.

My friend has seen a deal for the zoom g 1 for $50 AUD which is about 45 american bucks, but then again, they retail here for around $70 - it would cost the same to import.

So my situation is; should I buy the zoom g 1 and use it with my ashton ga 10 amp or should I sell the ga 10 amp and get something 'worthwhile'; roland micro cube amp which is about $200 AUD - nearly double the US local price
frown.gif
. It will cost $200 AUD to buy from the US so it isn't a really good choice.

If anybody could guide me into the right direction please have a shout. Thanks!

Apr 25, 2008 at 3:28 AM Post #3 of 9
can't talk about price, but it's a great budget amp. the whole "runs on batteries" thing is great and it gets plenty loud, but i wouldn't consider anything more than a practice amp.

Apr 25, 2008 at 6:39 AM Post #5 of 9
Will the zoom g1 be any good with my current amp (Ashton ga 10)?

Apr 25, 2008 at 5:36 PM Post #8 of 9
How are the prices in Australia for vintage tube amps by Fender, Ampeg, Vox, etc? I ask because sometimes you can get great deals on fantastic sounding vintage amps. Unless of course you need the effects.

Apr 26, 2008 at 4:02 AM Post #9 of 9
I use a Roland cube with my Risa uke-solid concert ukulele and I can vouch for what everyone else says, it's a great little amp. The effects and amp models sound better through the headphone-out.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back