Roland Bass Cube 30
Mar 23, 2007 at 12:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

cylanes

100+ Head-Fier
I`m planning to buy this amp for bass playing practing at home.
Not living at my parents house anymore, makes it now unacceptable to practice on my amp which I use on gigs.

So I was looking for some small practice amps and I came across the roland one.

Any of you guys have any ideas about this baby? Or do you strongely advice me to go a complete different direction?

Mar 23, 2007 at 12:41 AM Post #2 of 9
I had one and thought it was a great, small practice amp. I also had a Fender jazz bass. I'm not a bass player so I sold the rig to a fellow head-fier (neilpeart) who may be able to give you a more informed opinion.

Mar 23, 2007 at 1:08 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by cylanes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I`m planning to buy this amp for bass playing practing at home.
Not living at my parents house anymore, makes it now unacceptable to practice on my amp which I use on gigs.

So I was looking for some small practice amps and I came across the roland one.

Any of you guys have any ideas about this baby? Or do you strongely advice me to go a complete different direction?

i wouldn't do it, just use your gig amp turned down. Are you living in an apartment or something?

Mar 23, 2007 at 4:30 AM Post #4 of 9
In keeping with the spirit of this forum, might I suggest headphones?

(assuming your gig amp has a headphone out. which you've probably already thought of. sorry about the post, just for mild comedic value
biggrin.gif
)

Mar 23, 2007 at 12:01 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i wouldn't do it, just use your gig amp turned down. Are you living in an apartment or something?

Yes, I`m living in an apartment. Turning down my gig amp....is a option, but it is still loud as hell. You know it`s a kinda knob you turn from loud to deafening.

And using headphones like Configure suggests....hmm I must feel the BASS.

You play bassguitar with brains, balls and stomach.
Yeah baby, feel that groove!

Mar 23, 2007 at 5:33 PM Post #6 of 9
I am a big fan of the Ampeg amps from the mid 60's. They had the tone right even from very low volumes. See what you can find in Ebay or a vintage seller. Wont be cheap but chances are it will be cheaper than todays tube base amp offerings.

Mar 25, 2007 at 12:51 PM Post #8 of 9
I went to try out the amp and the little thing surprised me.
Great sound with enough oomph for its size.

The built-in effects are a nice extra. So after testing, I walked out with a new amp.

Mar 25, 2007 at 1:51 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Killercrush /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If your gig amp have an headphone output, just buy yourself a pair of DT770.

Love those Ampeg too ! I'm gonna buy myself a nice Ampeg V-4B Head + SVT Cab cut in half, LOL, from the early 70's.

very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
I happen to have an Ampeg Gemini I and late 60's SVT with a brand new GE6550 matched sexted. Sound so goooood! Even though I suck as a player.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back