Rogue RH-5 Headphone Amplifies
Oct 30, 2020 at 11:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

buson160man

1000+ Head-Fier
I just auditioned rogues new RH-5 headphone amplifier and found it to be very enticing and enjoyable . It has a well thought out balance of strengths that make long term listening very engaging with little of the tiresome fatiguing side effects you can get with some of the latest reference neutral offerings on the market. There is a wonderful sense of space that emulates speaker reproduction. Plus a very pleasant tonality to the sound while still possessing a sense of aliveness . There is also a very engaging sense of dynamics to the sound . The adjustable gain control is very flexible in adjusting a wide range of sensitivity in headphones. There is more than sufficient power to drive most any headphone out on the market to very satisfying levels without any fatigue . There is good bass reproduction as well enough to satisfy most listeners. Plus while not possibly as tight as some solid state offerings but tight enough as to not be sloppy in any sense. The unit is quiet and you can hear a good amount of detail in lower level passages .All in all I think a excellent first offering in a dedicated headphone amplifier design. There is also a physical sense of body to the sound of instruments reproduced in recordings. I really liked what I heard. Kudos to Rogue on the addition of a dedicated headphone amplifier to their line of equipment.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back