Roger Waters takes "The Wall" back on the road.
Apr 13, 2010 at 11:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

mcmurray

100+ Head-Fier
Who's going? I'll travel as far as necessary.

It's been 30 years since Pink Floyd released 'The Wall' and founding member Roger Waters has performed it 31 times since then. He's looking to more than double that number this year as he celebrates the album's big anniversary by launching a massive North American tour, during which he'll perform 'The Wall' in its entirety, backed by a full band and state-of-the-art production that's suitable for, well, Pink Floyd.

Roger Waters to Take 'The Wall' Back on the Road in 2010 - Spinner
Roger Waters will take Pink Floyd's 'The Wall' on tour. What are the pros and cons of buying a ticket? | EW.com

Roger Waters :: The Wall Live :: Official Site

Apr 14, 2010 at 3:26 AM Post #2 of 17
I'm torn. On one hand - it's The Wall, and I feel I can't miss it.. On the other hand, I saw it live in Berlin, and watching it in a small venue like the Pepsi Center here in Denver just wont compare.

Hellishly expensive too, I'm sure. But then again, no Cyndi Lauper, which is always a plus.

Apr 14, 2010 at 4:55 PM Post #4 of 17
I can't wait for this, but I hope tickets aren't $1k each for nosebleeds. He could easily get that too, which is the worst part. I will have graduated by then, so hello graduation present!

Apr 14, 2010 at 7:29 PM Post #5 of 17
I'd certainly love to see that. Looking for the tour schedule...

Apr 18, 2010 at 8:59 AM Post #7 of 17
What a shame that it will be a North American tour only!
frown.gif

With Roger Waters being British that is...

Apr 19, 2010 at 4:42 PM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by saunders73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the European leg is to follow

Ok, that helps.
smile.gif

Although it does not seem to be happening before earliest next year.. Roger Waters - The Wall Live

Apr 19, 2010 at 11:21 PM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by dave-the-rave /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll pass this time. Saw 'The Wall' at Nassau Coliseum in February 1980. Ticket was $15 (which was the highest concert ticket price I had ever paid). Pretty good show from what I remember....

I was -12 y.o. unfortunately... I hope to see this in St. Paul, but I'm going to be on as tight (if not tighter) budget as anyone, new student and all.

May 10, 2010 at 12:20 PM Post #12 of 17
Well, I'm in.. wasn't cheap (don't ask!) but what the hey.. wont be seeing this again anytime soon i'm guessing. I'm starting to enjoy this living in the moment malarky :)

Nov 23rd in Denver, hope some of you can make it there.

May 11, 2010 at 6:54 PM Post #13 of 17
At first I thought this would be something worth attending....then I saw the ticket prices.  Absolutely ridiculous.   I refuse to pay over $50 for ANY concert. 

May 11, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #15 of 17
Yeah, I'd have paid $199 for the original tour.  Just Waters, nah, and I'm generally interested in checking out the new old tours.  Pink Floyd without Gilmour is like the Police without Sting or the Grateful Dead without Jerry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back