Rodrigo y Gabriela
Oct 8, 2009 at 1:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

nelda

Member of the Trade: i-enjoy.com.au
Their new album is out (11:11).

I have their previous albums and they rocks.
You can listen to the sample album on their website.
Rodrigo y Gabriela

If it fails to make you tap your feet then I don't know what else can...

Oct 8, 2009 at 5:41 AM Post #3 of 16
Excellent talent and musicianship. I really liked their self-titled album. The only sort of quib I have about them, is that I'd like to see a little bit more variety in their songs. There are similarities between tracks that kinda make me lose interest sometimes. I'd like to hear them cover a few more classic songs, cos my top picks from their previous album was Orion and Stairway to Heaven.

Oct 8, 2009 at 11:00 PM Post #4 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Excellent talent and musicianship. I really liked their self-titled album. The only sort of quib I have about them, is that I'd like to see a little bit more variety in their songs. There are similarities between tracks that kinda make me lose interest sometimes. I'd like to hear them cover a few more classic songs, cos my top picks from their previous album was Orion and Stairway to Heaven.

I tend to agree.
But the new album has more variety in it.

Oct 8, 2009 at 11:03 PM Post #5 of 16
Oh one more thing.

Can people get RSI for feet because their feet can't stop tapping?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 3, 2010 at 11:02 PM Post #6 of 16
Saw them in Austin, Texas, a couple of months ago. I was in the third row, and they played for over two hours. Needless to say, it was one of the most impressive displays of musicianship I have ever witnessed. The energy of both the performers and the audience was unlike any concert I have ever attended. Seeing Gabriela's right-hand technique up close is really something special. Whenever one of my friends complains that there is no talent in the music industry anymore, I simply refer them to R&G, and their faith in modern music is restored.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 4, 2010 at 1:53 AM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also agree. I do hope their new album has more variety. I'll be sure to pick it up when I see it at my local FYE.
biggrin.gif

Jan 9, 2010 at 7:40 AM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Play em through your Grados. I almost always put one of their albums on when I was showing off my SR225i.

I think I actually like acoustic instruments on my MS2i's more than anything else. On the other hand, maybe it's just that a lot of the rock I listen to is poorly mastered.

Jan 9, 2010 at 5:14 PM Post #14 of 16
They're coming to DC while I'm on vacation
frown.gif
If you watch the DVD with their first album, you can understand why the tracks sound pretty much the same, except the covers. They procrastinated recording it so ended up slapping it together. They obviously spent more time putting together the 2nd album. I like that instead of covers, they're doing tributes.

Jan 9, 2010 at 5:50 PM Post #15 of 16
One thing I dont like about it is the compression. Acoustic is one of those instruments that starts to sound bad fast with compression IMVHO. It loses its body and starts to sound tinny. Also theres that odd static in track 1 the engineer totally missed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back