Roddick vs Federer
Jul 5, 2009 at 10:19 PM Post #17 of 27
What a great match, I'm glad I got to see it all. I wish Roddick could have eeked off with this one, but alas. It's fun to see him compete with such a complete game.

Jul 5, 2009 at 10:23 PM Post #18 of 27
I felt bad for Roddick and thought he played the match of his career. In fact, he was so close at beating federer in 4 sets, sadly he crumbled to the pressure in second set tie-break. Congrats to Roger. Can we call you the GOAT now?

Jul 6, 2009 at 12:04 PM Post #22 of 27
Wish I had've watched the match, got to tired in the end. Sounds as though it was an amazing slugout.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 6, 2009 at 8:20 PM Post #23 of 27
It was one of the better finals in a long, long time. Personally I think Roddick should have won it and I am a not a fan of either player.

On a fashion note, does anyone else think Roger comes across as a pompous dork in his white & gold RF labeled outfits? He looked ridiculous standing next to Andy, at the very beginning before entering onto the court, in his butler's jacket or whatever it is.
rolleyes.gif

Jul 7, 2009 at 12:08 AM Post #24 of 27
I was really pulling for Roddick. After pulling his game back together and getting to this point, I was really hoping he could cap it off with a grand slam win. Especially against Federer. Federer is kind of becoming Roddick's nemesis in the finals... and I kind of hate that guy...

Jul 7, 2009 at 1:15 AM Post #25 of 27
Federer and Roddick have had some excellent matches to be sure, but the real rivalry is between Federer and Nadal. Raffa's problem lately has been his knees. That said, it was nice to see him win at Wimbledon last year and in Australia this year. I was starting to have doubts whether Nadal could win on surfaces other than clay. Hopefully he will be back for the US Open next month. Andy Roddick should be a factor at Flushing Meadows as well. He is playing some of the best tennis of his career.

--Jerome

Jul 7, 2009 at 1:22 AM Post #26 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was fortunate enough to see this match. It was excellent!!

Wait, you saw this IRL???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back