Rod Stewart
Jan 30, 2003 at 4:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Bongo

New Head-Fier
Love him or hate him. Just finished a sesson with his "It had to be you..." it's very nice. The W1000's really bring out the detail and presence.

Jan 30, 2003 at 5:37 AM Post #2 of 3
The Rod Stewart album Every Picture Tells a Story is one of my all-time favorite rock albums from the 70s. If you skip over Rod's somewhat painful rendition of Amazing Grace, every other track on this record is worthy of a Grammy. They just don't make music like this anymore.

I have the MFSL version of this album on CD, and it sounds great.

I purchased a copy of this album on reel to reel tape, and even though the taped was duplicated at 7-1/2 inches per second speed, the quality of the sound was a bit dull and disappointing. It may have been this particular tape, so I picked up another when I saw it, but have not had a chance to compare this second reel tape with the first.

I don't care much for glam Rod, or spandex Rod, but this 1971 recording belongs in everyone's rock music collection.

Jan 30, 2003 at 5:55 AM Post #3 of 3
The only rod stewart cd I have or have listened to is "If We Fall In Love Tonight". I thought it was a great cd and it was very well recorded. However, most of the songs on the cd sounded very similar to others I've heard before, almost seems like he is singing other people's songs.
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back