Rocoo BA or P to go with Ety HF5 ?
Jul 27, 2012 at 5:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

stereoscopic

New Head-Fier
Hi all...

Can someone tell me which of the Rocoo models I should buy to partner my Etymotic HF5 IEMs, please. I realise that the BA is for multi-armature & high sensitivity earphones but I can't find any reference to what Hisoundaudio considers to be high sensitivity.

The Etys have a single driver per side with an output sensitivity of 105db spl at 1KHz at 0.1mV

Which model is the right one to get ?

Cheers,
Daniel.

Jul 27, 2012 at 6:00 AM Post #2 of 6
Quote:
Hi all...

Can someone tell me which of the Rocoo models I should buy to partner my Etymotic HF5 IEMs, please. I realise that the BA is for multi-armature & high sensitivity earphones but I can't find any reference to what Hisoundaudio considers to be high sensitivity.

The Etys have a single driver per side with an output sensitivity of 105db spl at 1KHz at 0.1mV

Which model is the right one to get ?

Cheers,
Daniel.

What is the sound signature of your etys? The Rocoo P is warmer with more bass. Its not as neutral. The Rocoo BA is more neutral and slightly more detailed due to this. Are you looking for a more fun signature and less balance or more balance and detail?

Jul 27, 2012 at 6:12 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

What is the sound signature of your etys? The Rocoo P is warmer with more bass. Its not as neutral. The Rocoo BA is more neutral and slightly more detailed due to this. Are you looking for a more fun signature and less balance or more balance and detail?

I chose the HF5 because I crave detail and clarity. I listen almost exclusively to Pink Floyd / Roger Waters and like to hear all the detail of the background samples and layers in the music. It took me a while to get warm to the signature of the Etys (I previously had Sennheiser CX-300 II IEMs which sound fluffy and horrible now) but now I've got used to them I absolutely love them.

I think the BA is probably the way to go, but wanted to check with the experts first :wink:

Cheers,
Daniel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back