Rockna Wavelight
Oct 5, 2023 at 8:56 AM Post #1,291 of 1,628
@tawmizzzz I found out how to access the Wavelight Server Settings Page.
It's per default available under
Http://wls-[yourWavelightSerialNumber]

Screenshot_20231005_145409_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231005_145440_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231005_145506_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231005_145546_Chrome.jpg

With a nice Update feature in there

Oct 5, 2023 at 8:58 AM Post #1,292 of 1,628
How did you feed your MP2000R before?
The MP2000R is not only a DAC but a full fletched Media Player.
So I used the MP2000R directly to access Tidal and local files.

The MP2000R is "only" Roon ready and not a Core.
So the Roon DSP Features and upsampling are what the Wavelight brings to my system.
Especially the possibility to apply convolution filters

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2023 at 10:09 AM Post #1,293 of 1,628
@tawmizzzz I found out how to access the Wavelight Server Settings Page.
It's per default available under
Http://wls-[yourWavelightSerialNumber]

Screenshot_20231005_145409_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20231005_145440_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20231005_145506_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20231005_145546_Chrome.jpg
With a nice Update feature in there
Was just DM'ing you this actually-thank you!

Oct 5, 2023 at 11:23 AM Post #1,294 of 1,628
@ThanatosVI With what cable do you connect the WLS? :k701smile:

Oct 5, 2023 at 11:25 AM Post #1,295 of 1,628
@ThanatosVI With what cable do you connect the WLS? :k701smile:
With 2 cables to test the different outputs.
USB (just a generic one for now)
And an Inakustik SPDIF RCA

My DAC has neither AES/EBU nor i2S inputs

For Digital cables I really have no go to source. For everything analog it's Norne Audio

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2023 at 5:23 PM Post #1,296 of 1,628
IMG_0549.jpg

Still need to figure out the desk space with closer access to my router, but very happy with the WL Server and the upgrade its provided from my Macbook Air digital source. Currently listening with my Susvara. WL Server provided a much needed uplifting of a "veil" to my music. Details have increased, pinpoint separation, all while retaining the R2R organic sound and no harshness. Best analogy I can use is that the server adds to my chain what a clean stimulant does to a sleep-deprived brain. Bass rumbles deep as if there is a Hurley rumbling in my chest for subbass heavy songs. Vocals are natural with excellent energy. Great prat, finding myself tapping my feet more often.

So far I am using a AQ Cinnamon for i2S which I preferred to the Blue Jeans AES connection; i2s came across more clear, spacious and airy versus a more congested and "dirtier" AES sound. I will be looking into the Tubulus Concentus or Pink Faun i2s cables in case it does help optimize a bit additional. Looking forward to other people's impressions.

Attachments

• IMG_0516.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Oct 5, 2023 at 6:39 PM Post #1,297 of 1,628
IMG_0549.jpg

Still need to figure out the desk space with closer access to my router, but very happy with the WL Server and the upgrade its provided from my Macbook Air digital source. Currently listening with my Susvara. WL Server provided a much needed uplifting of a "veil" to my music. Details have increased, pinpoint separation, all while retaining the R2R organic sound and no harshness. Best analogy I can use is that the server adds to my chain what a clean stimulant does to a sleep-deprived brain. Bass rumbles deep as if there is a Hurley rumbling in my chest for subbass heavy songs. Vocals are natural with excellent energy. Great prat, finding myself tapping my feet more often.

So far I am using a AQ Cinnamon for i2S which I preferred to the Blue Jeans AES connection; i2s came across more clear, spacious and airy versus a more congested and "dirtier" AES sound. I will be looking into the Tubulus Concentus or Pink Faun i2s cables in case it does help optimize a bit additional. Looking forward to other people's impressions.

that setup looks great! congrats on the WLS. my local dealer has 1 set in black available and I am super tempted to get it. if I do, I'll probably have to offload my sotm streamer and/or Uptone ER and SU-6 + Farad power supplies...

by the way, there is a pink faun 1m i2s cable on usaudiomart for a nice price. the tubulus concentus is a slightly "cleaner" sounding cable with stronger central imaging. I sold my pf i2s and kept the tubulus.

Oct 5, 2023 at 6:57 PM Post #1,298 of 1,628
that setup looks great! congrats on the WLS. my local dealer has 1 set in black available and I am super tempted to get it. if I do, I'll probably have to offload my sotm streamer and/or Uptone ER and SU-6 + Farad power supplies...

by the way, there is a pink faun 1m i2s cable on usaudiomart for a nice price. the tubulus concentus is a slightly "cleaner" sounding cable with stronger central imaging. I sold my pf i2s and kept the tubulus.
ooofff I am tempted as well! a double stack would be great, and not to mention save space compared to my current server. I may spring for it if the transaction makes sense, however would have to compare pretty thoroughly against my existing server.

Oct 5, 2023 at 7:25 PM Post #1,299 of 1,628

Awesome-keep us posted if you pull the trigger!

I actually just saw that pinkfaun but I’ve read that shorter the i2s, the better? Would be targeting a 0.5m ideally.

Oct 5, 2023 at 8:58 PM Post #1,300 of 1,628
Awesome-keep us posted if you pull the trigger!

I actually just saw that pinkfaun but I’ve read that shorter the i2s, the better? Would be targeting a 0.5m ideally.

don't worry too much about the length. 1m is a nice length and will be easier to route and adjust component positions in the future. mine was 1.5m and I didn't think there was any detriment to the sound. it was bested only by an aes/ebu cable that cost almost 3x more..

Oct 6, 2023 at 3:17 AM Post #1,301 of 1,628
my local dealer has 1 set in black available and I am super tempted to get it.
I recommend to wait on this one.

Just heard from Nicolae, that upsampling for the non i2S outputs will come with a future Firmware Update and currently is not available.

You probably want to test i2s vs AES/EBU when both use upsampling.

Knowing Rockna such a Firmware Update can take a long time.

They plan on quite a few cool features like CD ripping and native Streaming Services without Roon, but as of today it's a very basic Server with Hardware upsampling on the i2S output.(it sounds great even without upsampling which is a major plus, don't get me wrong)

Oct 6, 2023 at 6:58 AM Post #1,302 of 1,628
Even though the Wavelight Features are pretty basic for now, I so needed a Roon Core in my Setup.

Feels like I finally reached Endgame now

Oct 6, 2023 at 7:25 AM Post #1,303 of 1,628
Even though the Wavelight Features are pretty basic for now, I so needed a Roon Core in my Setup.

Nice! :) Roon core inside WLS (and WLS connected to WL), does that mean that you "only" need to use Roon ARC (or Roon Remote) on iPhone/iPad/Android to play songs from Tidal/Spotify/Qobus/HQ... ?

Oct 6, 2023 at 7:36 AM Post #1,304 of 1,628
Nice! :) Roon core inside WLS (and WLS connected to WL), does that mean that you "only" need to use Roon ARC (or Roon Remote) on iPhone/iPad/Android to play songs from Tidal/Spotify/Qobus/HQ... ?
Yes Roon Remote or ARC and I can control everything.

If I use my Roon Ready Endpoint of the T+A MP2000R I can even use its remote to play/Pause skip Songs etc

I replaced my Wavelight DAC with the T+A MP2000R in 2022. Now I use WLS -> MP2000R

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2023 at 8:27 AM Post #1,305 of 1,628

@ThanatosVI that means that if I follow Server path I also will need convert myself to Roon. ARC is pretty nice I must say last time I've checked it. I also emailed my local dealer about demo of Server and they toldme that theoretically few pieces are already in shippment byt without confirmed arrival date :frowning2: The very slow and painful software updated for Rockna and AudioByte plus Server price and further waiting times still scares me away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back